Notes don’t open on iOS, no reply from customer service…

Anyone else having trouble with the Evernote iOS app? Totally unusable for me. I can’t start new notes and old ones take FOREVER to open. I’ve raised tickets with customer service, followed their instructions, reinstalled it multiple times, even bought new devices (yep pretty desperate to fix this) and nothing works. Customer service asked me to send a log which I did and then… no response for more than a month. How do I export all my notes to a new app? This is unbelievable. 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I kept having this same problem and Evernote’s technical support kept asking me to make sure iOS was up to date and then closing my ticket as “resolved.”

There is no help to be found on these forums either because there haven’t been any effective troubleshooting steps found yet, and it seems to only affect a small number of users. I’ve been a paid user since 2013 and last month I finally caved in and started exporting notes to OneNote. I found it easiest on my PC laptop where you have the “export as pdf” option for notes that you keep as records that don’t need to be edited again, but the best way to share/export notes will depend on the content type of each individual note.

I’m not happy with the fact that OneNote can’t search within PDF’s - that’s insane to me in 2024, but otherwise it is a very capable platform that has come a long way in recent years and is VERY fast and responsive compared to Evernote. 

• Level 5

Personally I run EN on a number of iOS devices, ranging from recent to 10 years old (and still going strong).

No bigger issues. The only observation since a few releases is that when the app opens for the first time after starting it, the screen flashes 2 or 3 times, as if they first load a base config, and then my individual layout. But apart from this, the iOS client is perfectly functional for me.

I suspect, but have no proof, that some Evernote related files can be stored somewhere on the device that can’t be erased by the user, yet are restored when reinstalling. I still have an issue on a single iPad Pro 2023 where Evernote refreshes the entire UI (losing note content) any time I task switch (but not if Stage Manager is on) and no matter how many variations of reinstall it won’t go away yet no other of my iOS devices have this problem. 

Have you tried setting up a device as new without restoring from an iCloud backup?

If directed at me then yes I’ve forced restarted. There must be something very wrong with the installation on one of my iPads as the app auto crashes with every update, logs me out, erases all settings, and requires me to delete the app and reinstall to get it to log back in. I have not explanation for this and support ghosted me a long time ago.