Free users restricted to 50 notes!

Ha, I remember when Evernote came out, and they said it would free for personal users forever.

What they should have said was 'for a few years then we'll make the free version so unusable you'll either cough up or leave'!

Okay,  I understand the expression,  'you don't get owt for nowt' but I kinda liked the product and 100 notes would have been enough. Now I'll just have to move it all to Google or Microsoft.

As I said to Christina Hendricks....'thanks for the mammaries!'

• Haha 1
  • Level 5*
4 minutes ago, jobrien61 said:

'for a few years then we'll make the free version so unusable you'll either cough up or leave'!

That was free for 15 years or so,  and then reality (rather than bankruptcy) caught up.  There's no such thing as a free lunch forever. 

Thanks for helping us keep this website grown-up and classy by the way.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 5:58 PM, gazumped said:

That was free for 15 years or so,  and then reality (rather than bankruptcy) caught up.  There's no such thing as a free lunch forever. 

Thanks for helping us keep this website grown-up and classy by the way.

Nah, that's not good enough....

If you say something, you should mean it.

By all means create an advanced or corporate version, or restrict advanced features, but limited to just 50 notes. Thats petty.

Dont worry, when I'm moved all my notes, aide memoirs, and other stuff, I'll be gone. 

Hasta la vista (or maybe not)

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, jobrien61 said:

limited to just 50 notes. Thats petty.

No, it is now a trial only and no longer meant for any long term use.  You can still use it as an archive as long as you don't go beyond the 50, but personally, I would not want my notes split between apps.  I would decide to either stay or move everything to a new app.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, jobrien61 said:

Dont worry, when I'm moved all my notes, aide memoirs, and other stuff, I'll be gone. 

Which is exactly the intended consequence. You are beyond trying, and either you find enough value to subscribe, or will understand it is time to search for another solution. Nobody is worried about this outcome.

There was a time where the sheer number of users was viewed as something to build on. EN and other companies found out that a large number of unpaid accounts without a significant conversion rate only means cost without income. Better have 1/10th of all accounts, but a solid income stream.

• Like 1