Unable to update payment information

Willi_V
Go to solution Solved by Willi_V,

Idea

Hi all,

I already raised a ticket for this several weeks ago but issue still persists.
When I try to open account settings -> billing I'm just presented a message that there's a problem displaying the website.
I tried everything the AI was suggesting when it instantly replied on my mail to Evernote support: different browsers, private mode, different devices - it's always the same.

Can anybody help or flag this issue?

Ticket# 3805251

Thank you!

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

• Solution

Evernote support got in touch with me (not the robot) and as it turned out, possibly due to a bug, my account remained on the Personal plan even though it should've been downgraded to free, which was then causing the blank billing page.
Finally, support downgraded it to Free and I was able to renew my Personal subscription.

Thank you for all your comments and remarks here and to Evernote support team for solving this!

Hi welcome to the forums. I have been getting this error message as well for months now and therefore had to cancel my subscription via support to prevent mysterious things to happen 😉 They said, that the subscription had been cancelled...but well, it is still not visible. Obviously I am not alone. Issued a new ticket for this as well. Got an AI reply that totally missed the initial problem. Now I am waiting for a real answer. (will post ticket nr. later)

Screenshot 2024-02-11 185146.png

• Like 1

Got response from support, they are being unable to fix the problem (for 4 months now). They have (again?) escalated this to development... I kindly asked for deleting my billing information (credit card) from my account, which they totally ignored. Obviously no capable support available anymore. Very uneasy fealing about all this. Let's see if on renewal date another 100+ € are charged.

Ticket# 3831942.

• Like 1

I've been on Evernote since 2011. I'm totally alarmed. When checking my billing information, not only is it impossible for me to access it like other users with the same page "We are having problems displaying this page at the moment." It is also impossible for me to upgrade from Personal to Premium account, it can be seen that the response I have received has nothing to do with the problem I have raised. Furthermore, they suggest that I export, in my case, 90,000 notes!!! Alarmed is an understatement, is the Evernote building falling???

TICKET #3832622
Hello, I want to upgrade my current Personal account to Evernote Professional, although taking advantage of the offer offered by PROFESSIONAL annually €10.83/month Page €129.99/year and not the €14.99 offer that seems to be the only one I can subscribe to in principle , being that I have been a loyal customer since 2011. I have been trying to access my subscription account but strangely it´s out of service. Please inform me as soon as possible because I am going to revitalize my Evernote subscription for new ongoing projects and I ask you to indicate the upgrade to professional under the most advantageous conditions possible. Thank you

THE ANSWER (SUMMARY)
Thank you for contacting Evernote customer support. We'll be happy to help you switch to an individual account. When you sign up for Evernote Teams, our system guides you to create a new Teams-only account. This Teams-only account cannot be downgraded to any other subscription service level. To return to a personal subscription, you can follow these steps: Export all Teams account content as .enex files to your computer's desktop.
Cancel your Evernote Teams subscription to avoid the next renewal charge. Sign in to your personal account (which is linked to a different email) and import the .enex files you saved to your computer desktop. Upgrade your personal account to through your account settings. 

• Level 5

If you feel unhappy, cancel your subscription. Then move to a Store (in your case probably the PlayStore) and subscribe there.

In the future you will be dealing with the store operator if you want to handle subscription issues. EN support for all the rest (whatever it is worth, currently not very much, I‘m afraid).

hace 4 horas, PinkElephant dijo:

If you feel unhappy, cancel your subscription. Then move to a Store (in your case probably the PlayStore) and subscribe there.

In the future you will be dealing with the store operator if you want to handle subscription issues. EN support for all the rest (whatever it is worth, currently not very much, I‘m afraid).

In other words, dear Pink, a 2011 subscriber perhaps older than you who wants to promote Professional cannot do so through the Windows application mechanism, nor the iOS application, nor the Android application, nor access their billing, who has a huge work of 90,000 notes posted in Evernote, you tell him: not to be sad, to unsubscribe as a subscriber and I don't know what stories from EN support... things are really worse than I thought, thank you loco

• Level 5

From user to user: What do you expect ? Nice chitchat around how things are ? I don't think we need that - I tell you what works.

None of us must like it as it is. But it is the new management that needs to get their act together. If I can solve an issue by paying Apple 30% of the subscription fee, but have a solid payment support from then on, then I do it. Which I actually did, some years ago.

Don't like it ? Continue with support. At the moment I can't even share how long it will probably take, because I still wait for a human to react to my latest tickets.