Evernote for Mac (latest 10.74.1) only downloading notes for offline use AFTER I select it (download on demand)

Hi,  I finally made the transition from the Legacy Mac Client to the New Evernote For Mac Client (v 10.74.1). 

I have over 60,000 notes and my database for the legacy database was about 220GB.  When I'm signed into the new client it says 'all changes are saved' even after just a few minutes but when I navigate to the database: /Users/jeff/Library/Application Support/Evernote it shows my database is 3.78GB.  I just signed in a few hours ago and the size doesn't seem to be growing unless I go into Evernote and load a note.  For example.  If I click on a note for the first time in this new client (and it's 120MB in size) once the note has finished downloading I can also see that the database in finder has grown by roughly the same amount. Also I can see in the: /Users/jeff/Library/Application Support/Evernote/resource-cache location that each time I load a new note a new folder is created.  So far I can see I have 92 notes that I've clicked on in Evernote and thus have 92 notes for offline access. How do I go about downloading EVERYTHING so that it is default saved for offline access?

I do have the setting 'keep a copy of my notes on this device at sign-out' but again it only appears to be saving notes that I've actually selected within the app for it to manually download one by one.  Why is the sync status gone and how do I force the new Evernote to actually download all of my content for truly offline use?  

I know this may be a question / answer post but it really is a feature request... because it seems like something fundamental; like an engine temperature gauge for your car.... 

Any help is appreciated.

Looking at another post creating backup ENEX files, it occurred to me that you may be able to a Notebook by Notebook export to an ENEX file (or multiple ones, depending on the size of your notebooks) to force the download of notes faster than visiting each note one at a time. However, the process will likely take a while, given the number and size of your notes.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You seem to need a lot of help, because you start several threads about the same topic.

No double posting, please.

Apologies- I'm new to the forums and realized I'd posted the original post in the wrong section.  I've rectified it; thanks!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Dave Green said:

Looking at another post creating backup ENEX files, it occurred to me that you may be able to a Notebook by Notebook export to an ENEX file (or multiple ones, depending on the size of your notebooks) to force the download of notes faster than visiting each note one at a time. However, the process will likely take a while, given the number and size of your notes.

that's great, thank you :-)!  

• Like 1