How to get notes list with keyword seach option on top?

(I am posting in this main topic because it seems I'm not allowed to post in a more logical topic like Answer/Solutions,Desktop Answers/Solutions)

I am looking for a way to get functionality back, I once had: a search box on top of the notes view list.

This is NOT the side bar. I don’t like the side bar.

After MUCH searching I managed to find the very well-hidden option to view a list of my notes. I would have expected this option in the View menu.

image.thumb.png.2f236380d225ab6d547b85d1b449dfe8.png

After managing this, I am now still missing to quick-search notes by typing key word, on top of the list. I seem to remember it was there, once.

image.png.b40600fef6a98e855d77eee20277a254.png

I don’t want to use the search option in the side bar because searching there does not filter the notes list. It just opens one document.

Instead, I want a list of ALL documents matching the search keywords (typed in above the notes list).

I also know I can filter the list using the ‘Add filter’ button. That is not the same as filtering by keyword.

So: how can I get a input box above the notes list, where I can type keywords after which the notes list is filtered on those keywords?

On 2/4/2024 at 11:50 AM, wilfredb said:

I don’t want to use the search option in the side bar because searching there does not filter the notes list. It just opens one document.

This is only true if you accept one of the suggested notes that comes up below the search bar as you type. If you ignore the suggestions and just press enter you get a list of all the notes that meet the search criteria.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, both work - if you know how to apply it. Neither seem very intuitive to me, too bad.

Anyway, I abandonded EveryNote since their prices are now too high for me, and I don't like the way how they presented their price increase. Found a free alternative which works good for me.

• Level 5

Surprise - the king is dead, long live the king.

To go back to the starting post: EN tries to prevent menu clogging by NOT necessarily repeating all functions in the app menus, that can be reached by UI elements as well. It‘s all there, and I don‘t think it is so overwhelmingly complex that it is not possible to use it. Especially the View options are really fully present on the UI, just one click behind the initial button.