Issues with the "Add to Evernote" folder and how it incorporates into the app

I use EN v10 windows desktop both at home and at work.  In both places whenever I want to save a pdf or doc I use "Add to Evernote" and it saves it to a folder on my local disc.  However, whenever I update the program I notice that duplications are occurring ie: the same files that were placed in various notes, tagged and moved to various notebooks are re-appearing in my inbox as new notes (I posted about this elsewhere).  I opened two tickets about this with EN and nobody bothered to respond (despite having recently doubled my annual fee).  I suspect that the entire problem has to do with how v10 is seeing and importing information from these separate "Add to EN" folders into the program.  I never had this problem with Legacy.  The annoying part of this is that it is happening all the time now since EN v10 is updating several times a week.  I've consciously tried to avoid doing the updates but every time I close my computer down it automatically does it the next day when I start it again.  Then once again I have to go to my inbox and start weeding out all of the nonsense notes and files that have re-appeared there.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I was considering removing or renaming the "Add to EN" folder every time I do an update so that I can fool EN into not seeing it.  Haven't tried this yet but I assume it could work?

Yes.  Import folders.  For example, if I have a pdf file that I want to save I will save it to "Add to EN" which is a folder that sits on my C:drive.  The pdf will appear within an EN note in my Inbox.  I then tag that note and assign it to another Notebook.  However, when I do an update the same note now appears again in my Inbox.  So now, there are two notes ie: the one that has been properly tagged and put into another notebook, and this new untagged one sitting in my inbox.  This is maddening because often when I look in the inbox I can easily eliminate many of the duplicates immediately; however, some of them I'm not sure about and therefore have to check if their twin actually exists in another notebook.  The whole process easily occupies 20 mins of my time each and every time I do an update.  I'm pretty sure that the entire problem has to do with import folders (possibly related to the fact that there are two computers and each has their own import folder).

• Level 5*

I tend to move things into my import folder(s),  wait till the import ends,  then move the content to an archive on an attached drive.  I had one situation a while ago where 30 files got imported each time I logged in,  but moving the imports to an archive is a good habit to have in case of duplicates or corrupted imports.

• Like 1