How to take all my notes with me as I leave?

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

While I'm disappointed, I can understand the business reasons behind the discontinuing of free accounts. But, is there literally no way for me to export my old stuff without going through each individual note from the past 10 years and emailing it to myself? My desktop version says I need to upgrade to even login, and the web version (as far as I can tell?) has no way to select multiple notes, never mind exporting them. I've been using evernote for 10 years or something now. Is there any hope of getting a one time "goodbye" feature? Or do I really have to upgrade in order to get all my notes and notebooks exported? Or if I've misunderstood, any help is much appreciated!

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  Use your desktop access.  When you try to login you are probably getting warnings that you have too many devices attached to your account.  Follow the instructions carefully to remove everything except that desktop access.  When you can log in,  go to the notebooks tab and click on the three dots menu on the extreme right of the window.  You'll be able to export that notebook to ENEX or HTML format.

If that doesn't work you could consider subscribing for a brief period - even if only a month - to regain full access.  

Tried it. Free does not include desktop at all T_T. Will consider upgrading to get my stuff. Wish evernote had notified users before making this change. I didn't know about it until I tried to use evernote yesterday. Thanks anyways.

• Level 5

Sure Free includes a desktop client - if you stay within it the 2 devices limit.

Free users in fact do not need to be notified. You are a user, not a customer, and you don’t have a contract that would guarantee certain terms for the subscription period.

You decided to take the service as it is, and to accept changes at any time. It’s your call now calling you.

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Sure Free includes a desktop client - if you stay within it the 2 devices limit.

Free users in fact do not need to be notified. You are a user, not a customer, and you don’t have a contract that would guarantee certain terms for the subscription period.

You decided to take the service as it is, and to accept changes at any time. It’s your call now calling you.

I don't think it does include 2 devices. Under "devices" there is only listed "browser version." Thank you for the help though!

Sure, there's no obligation, but it's certainly not building good feelings that make me want to come back and see if the service improves later, or recommend it to friends. Just saying. I'm not a power user, but having unlimited notes for 10 years does add up with occasional usage! I have paid in the past, but wasn't satisfied enough with the product to continue paying (lost notes, syncing issues, etc). I sincerely hope the product improves and becomes better. I've always loved the interface, and the new calendar options look neat. And yes, I'm a cheapskate...I mean frugal! ^_^ Who wouldn't use free stuff if it's good enough?

2 hours ago, seafoammountains said:

I don't think it does include 2 devices. Under "devices" there is only listed "browser version." Thank you for the help though!

Perhaps you have only ever used the browser with Evernote.  There are desktop clients you can install, and with them, you can go through the export process on a per-folder basis, getting ENEX or HTML files.