"insert date" shortcut does not work in Evernote 10.71.2 for Mac + solved + again not working in 10.74.1!

I use the insert date command-shift-D shortcut every day on Evernote on Mac, but in version 10.71.2 it does not work anymore, whilst inserting the time, ommand-option-shift-D still does work.

[updated Feb 3, 2024:]

The bug was fixed in a later version. I run 10.73.3 and I can indeed use the shortcut again. 

[Updated Feb 5, 2024:]

It seems to be a challenge for the developers.... The bug re-appeared in 10.74.1  :-(

[Updated Feb 6]

I don't know what changed, but it is working again in

10.74.1-mac-ddl-public (20240130023748)
Editor: v176.52.0
Service: v1.90.1

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's a version 10.72.2 around,  which shows the Windows equivalent as Alt-Shift-D which works.  I use that interchangeably with a Phrase Express shortcut to insert date and time in one.  No one here to fix things - we're mostly other users.  Try the new version and if things are still not working contact Support.

• Like 1

It works in my case (Mac), but the implementation has been completely flawed since the introduction of the Electron client - it always inserts the same (US) date format, regardless of the user's regional settings. In the old client there was a setting for this, but even without a setting, following the user's region is essential, of course. I need "27.01.2024", not "January 27, 2024"
SOLUTION: I used BetterTouchTool to define a macro which overrides the shortkey and inserts the correct date. I also made it to work in all software, not only Evernote. This is just one of the countless features of BTT, i strongly recommend it to any Mac user. 

58 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

It consistently inserts the (correct) German date and format on my 3 Macs. No idea why (and how !) it should follow other rules in your case.

Strange, must be a bug then. My settings are Bulgarian.

This has been annoying me ever since I adopted the new client, and I have changed several computers since then!
And literally yesterday I bought BetterTouchTool and set it up. 

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 01.44.27.png

• EdN changed the title to "insert date" shortcut does not work in Evernote 10.71.2 for Mac + solved + again not working in 10.74.1!
On 1/21/2024 at 4:37 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  There's a version 10.72.2 around,  which shows the Windows equivalent as Alt-Shift-D which works.  I use that interchangeably with a Phrase Express shortcut to insert date and time in one.  No one here to fix things - we're mostly other users.  Try the new version and if things are still not working contact Support.

Thanks for letting me know that there is no one here to fix things. I will let support know.
Also thanks for the Phrase Express suggestion. 

• Like 1