Notes shared via link with corrupted attachments

Any note you want to share with someone, the images or attachments get corrupted when viewed through the web. A feature that never had issues before, this time, unfortunately, doesn't work. With every update, there's a new problem, one gets solved, and a new one appears. Worst of all, the support simply doesn't work anymore, not even responding about the progress, leaving only the hope that with each update, you can test to see if it has been resolved! No file you add, such as a PDF, can be viewed.

20240120_181502.jpg

Screenshot_2.png

I have the same issue, link to the note works but the attachments are "403 forbidden". 

I noticed this in a large note that is used as a summary in a litigation process which is very disturbing and inconvenient.

Didn't test other notes since I now have to find an alternative way to share the document with all the embedded PDFs (lots of them). 

PS.: since I need a solution until next Friday there's no point in contacting support I guess...

PPS.: PDFs open fine within all clients (web client takes AGES to open, completely useless on the go)

• Evernote Expert
2 minutes ago, Feitz said:

since I need a solution until next Friday there's no point in contacting support I guess

You'll get no solution if your don't report this issue. Whether the answer will come before next Friday I cannot say. It is probably a server side issue so a resolution might appear soon without announcement.

From other user's experience it is highly unlikely that support would answer in time, so I need to find a solution anyway.

Being able to access notes and attachments is a core functionality for a notes app. If users can't trust that, what's the point in the whole effort? 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

It's up to you. If you choose not to tell anyone then they are even less likely to realise that something's needs fixing.

But there is nothing we can do here to help other than commiserate.

I thought maybe someone already had a workaround. From what I hear support's reaction time (not time to solution) is currently around 2-3 weeks, so this will not help me in any foreseeable way. I can always open a ticket but at the moment I'll have to find a viable solution fast.

Any idea why support is so busy lately?

Another issue: stopped sharing note and created a new public sharing link, but the link is dead (not found). 

This has always worked perfectly for years.

Mam ten sam problem, kiedy wysyłam komuś link, zdjęcia się nie pojawiają😏Próbowałem wszystkiego, nawet odinstalowałem program i nic nie pomogło.. Chyba czas pożegnać się z Evernotem , 

IMG_6982.jpeg

The same thing happened to me.

[Share] If you send a link to someone else

When the recipient accesses the link, the image is not visible.

I hope it's taken care of quickly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I can't submit my ticket.

How can we solve this problem in this case.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 11, Evernote 10.72.2

• Level 5

Just received the answer to my ticket - after only 2 days, and this included the weekend (!):

They could reproduce the problem and said the fixed it, without a need to update a client. So it was a server side issue.

I tried and can confirm that for me the problem with broken pictures in shared notes is resolved.

• Thanks 2

Same here, ticked has already been answered (1 day!!) and problem was allegedly identified and fixed, unfortunately worked only once.

I had to stop sharing and create a new public sharable link, so far this seems to work now. I will probably do further testing and will not rely on the solution for the time being.