Any alternatives to Evernote that work in a similar manner as v6.25.3?

I was a paid user all the time, but honestly cannot go on with v10so must move all my notes somewhere outside. Decided to go on with 6.25 until it kept syncing and that bad day eventually came. Have to move away.

So need anything similar, the key factor is desktop (windows) performance and being able to work offline. If that is an open-source product - that would be a hard plus effective. The self-hosted back-end is even better. I can't believe no one ever managed to do a clone of Evernote, given how effective and helpful it WAS. 

• Like 1

Yes, I agree, Martinka. I am in the same leaky and sinking boat. I loved the graphic interface of the notebook grid; Zoho Notebook has similar, but with much better graphics. The problem is they don't have the organizational structure Evernote has, and I have 10 years worth of files. Can't some clever designer incorporate these features? The new version of Evernote is a boring list that makes it impossible to find anything.

• Evernote Expert

@Martinka I doubt it will help you to know that the nearest thing to Evernote 6.25 is Evernote v10. Whatever you choose will require retraining and redeveloping your workflows. While you are making your decision you might like to try out v10 which will keep you going.  My own experience was that it required my ways of working to be adjusted.  I could do almost everything I wanted with v10 but sometimes I needed to retrain my fingers/brain.  It took me less than two weeks before I realised that I couldn't go back to the old software because I was now working in new ways.

Anyhow, v10 will keep you going until you have decided on your next place.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Martinka said:

I was a paid user all the time, but honestly cannot go on with v10so must move all my notes somewhere outside. Decided to go on with 6.25 until it kept syncing and that bad day eventually came. Have to move away.

So need anything similar, the key factor is desktop (windows) performance and being able to work offline. If that is an open-source product - that would be a hard plus effective. The self-hosted back-end is even better. I can't believe no one ever managed to do a clone of Evernote, given how effective and helpful it WAS. 

I don't think there is a perfect Evernote replacement but try UpNote. https://getupnote.com

• Like 1

I copied everything to Synology NAS I already had.

It comes with an app. DS Notes..

You can import enx files, but it has it's own format if you ever wanted to export.

Does everything I need.

Pros: free (if you own NAS) and you own data. Apps seems much faster but won't have all the bells and whistles of evernote (I never used)

Con: you need to make sure it's properly backed up. May need a utility if I wanted to take my data elsewhere.

I was able to import dozen+ notebooks and 1000+ notes w/o too much effort.