Some notebooks only visible when searched for

I am using MacOS Ventura 13.6.2 

One of my folders has customers  notebooks in ranging from A -Z, I can only see the customers notebooks up to the letter 'R' on desktop version. If i search for a notebook that is not showing in the list evernote finds it even though it does not show in the customers list. All customers are showing in evernote on my iphone and if I go to the web version and adjust the sort by arrow to descending I can see all missing notebooks but the customers beginning with A and B are now missing. When I change the sort by arrow to Ascending the letters after  'R' are no longer visible again.

I have signed out of evernote and selected deleted all data then signed back in again but there was no change.

Does anybody have an idea to solve this problem?

• Evernote Expert

I'm not sure what you mean by folders. Evernote does not have the concept of folders. I'm guessing these are what are called stacks. Semantics but just saying what I think you are referring to in case I'm wrong.

I suspect that stacks only display 18 notebooks in the list.

Try two separate stacks (folders). A-M and N-Z.

24 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Just to confirm - are you a business (Teams) account user?  Are you the Admin of the account?

No I have one Evernote account that is for myself and only I have access to it, all nots in the stack were visible a couple of weeks ago and now they are not.

18 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I'm not sure what you mean by folders. Evernote does not have the concept of folders. I'm guessing these are what are called stacks. Semantics but just saying what I think you are referring to in case I'm wrong.

I suspect that stacks only display 18 notebooks in the list.

Try two separate stacks (folders). A-M and N-Z.

Hi Agsteele,

I have a stack called Customers and in this stack I have all my customers notes, I used to be able to see all customers from A - Z if I scroll down to the bottom. But now I can only see the customers beginning with 'A' down to 'R' but if I search for a customer beginning with 'Z' Evernote finds it even though it's not visible in the customer stack. If I adjust the sort by view to descending I can see the letters after "R' but then if i scroll down the beginning of the alphabet is now missing. On my iphone It's as it always was, ie I can see all customers from A - Z. Everything has been working fine for years then my account was changed by Evernote from PLUS to PERSONAL. I don't know if this has caused the change.

• Evernote Expert

I don't think that this is related to the change from Plus to Personal. More likely a change brought about by an application update.  As I suggested, a quick workaround would be to collate your customer in two stacks A_M and N-Z on a temporary basis.  Meanwhile you can raise the question via support ticket and eventually get an answer. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bubbafunk said:

I have a stack called Customers and in this stack I have all my customers notes,

Just to be clear on nomenclature,I'm assuming you are talking about customer notebooks in a stack. I'm also assuming you are in the notebook view.

What happens if you sort by date updated or date created? Do you again see either the beginning or end of this list? Have you experimented with "group by type".

image.png.80bc230c0eccf277b64c16f2009e0428.png

I can't see anything in the official "System limits" document thaty says there is any limitation on the number of notebooks allowed or displayed within a stack.

Hi Mike P,

I have a stack called Customers and within the stack are notebooks for every customer from A - Z. If I change the sort by arrows I see the missing notes ie, Z, X, Y etc at the top of the list but when I change the arrow again they are not visible at the bottom. At the moment my list of notes in the stack stops at the letter 'N'. If I search for anything after that for instance a customer beginning with 'Z' Evernote finds it but it's not visible in the actual stack.

I have signed out of evernote and deleted all data from my mac then reinstalled a fresh copy of evernote but there is no change.

Thanks for the clarification. So 

6 hours ago, Mike P said:

What happens if you sort by date updated or date created? Do you again see either the beginning or end of this list? Have you experimented with "group by type"

Mike P,

If I search by Date Created or Date Updated, I do see the customers beginning with 'Z' so I am sure the others will be there as well. I have submitted a support ticket.

• Like 1