Can't open evernote

I am in some sort of "Catch 22 type loop".

I can't open Evernote on my PC. 

IF you use Evernote on a PC (app) and on the Web on the same PC, does that count as 2 devices? I didn't realize that. SO, i disconnected. I normally have 2 devices enabled. But, now i can't start Evernote app on my PC with a message that i can't disconnect more than 2 devices. I only disconnected one device (so-called "the web"). But i may have done the identical thing more than once, as it was confusing and the same dialog popped up several times so each time i selected "web" to disconnect from.

Now i am locked out. This almost seems like some sort of ransomware to me. I can't access any of my notes, as all i get is a dialog that i can't disconnect.

Is there any way around this catch-22. No way i'm going to sign up under a gun and pay you money to see my 1000+ notes i've created over the last few years.

What do i do now to access my notes (besides pay)?

• Evernote Expert

You can wait for 30 days. Alternatively, you can subscribe for one month and get everything tidied up.

These device limits have been in place for Free accounts for several years.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

And yet the device limits may be going away:

12 hours ago, tpcon said:

Is there any way around this catch-22. No way i'm going to sign up under a gun and pay you money to see my 1000+ notes i've created over the last few years.

What do i do now to access my notes (besides pay)?

First, the "you" you wish to address are not here; we're just other users. To refuse to pay Evernote directly: feedback@evernote.com. Second, over a thousand notes created over a period of years sounds like value worth paying for. Certainly it has been paid for by someone, just not by you. I try to be sympathetic, since Evernote did offer this exorbitant freebie for such a long time, and they changed the terms so drastically with so little forewarning. And yet to say "I've got 1,000 valuable notes here, it's not worth a penny to me to do anything with them" is a statement I find hard to process. IAC, as @agsteele said, a month's subscription ($11 or so) would give you time to reorganize in such a way as to get under the new limits, and/or export everything in an orderly fashion to move it all to a more robust free service.

• Like 2