Allow evernote window to resize narrower in Windows

ole77

Idea

The window is much too wide when snapped in. Everything else resizes to less than 1/3 the screen, EN needs a half a screen, it is really tedious and inconvenient as it messes up most of my workflows. 

I read one forum post that said note windows go smaller. They do not. 

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm using the installed app with a note in its own window while yours seems to be the browser version.  Maybe try a different browser,  or drag the tab into its own window?

Doesn't like @ole77 is using a browser version to me. Looks like that is the *main* Evernote window though.

@ole77 -- click the '...' next to the green share button and then select "Open in New Window". That window that then opens your note is what people are talking about that can go more narrow and is what @gazumped is showing in his screenshot.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Thank you for the responsiveness. 

I gather from the "maybe if/it would" uses that this is frustrating to help people that don't provide the information needed right out of the gate.

I thought I did, and it is actually not that easy to come and describe the problem, so I appreciate that there have been some really helpful suggestions, despite the frustrations that a newbie asking questions may cause.

I can confirm that notes were not going to 1/3, and they are now. 

My issue was that they were not, and I had this issue for months and read up on it everywhere I could before posting.

I am grateful I have a better workflow, I appreciate the helpful responses, and I will work with it as is for now and and return if the issue returns. 

FWIW I am using Evernote 10.70.2 is currently the newest version available.

I think it updated recently for me. 

- Erica

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
14 minutes ago, ole77 said:

FWIW I am using Evernote 10.70.2 is currently the newest version available.

Hi Erica. Thanks for the information.  The most recent release is 10.71.2 but it may not have arrived with you device yet.  You can download the latest version now from evernote.com

This brings me to the next question for clarification.  I appreicate the version number but did you get this as a direct download or from the Microsoft store?  The full version number including the ddl whatever they use for the store (I think mss) will confirm.

The store versions are often subject to odd behaviours. So if you have the store version I would uninstall and switch to the direct download from evernote.com/download  If you already have the direct download then either wait for the latest update to roll out to your machine of jump ahead by downloading and installing to get the update.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks for those details, I can easily follow up on that and I will make sure I have the one right from Evernote. Maybe it would explain a few strange behaviours I've been having! 

• Like 1

I checked and did not have the microsoft store version installed. I am using one a got from the EN site directly.

The notes resize to 1/3 of the screen consistently now and I am honestly not sure what changed to allow it to function this way. As I say, I worked with the issue as it was for months before taking the time to come to a forum with it and had distinguished between a note and the main window.

Thanks for the responses, 1/3 wide is better than it was. Would still love it to go much narrower but this is not the issue I initially came with, and it is resolved. Possibly due to an update I think. 

• Like 1