Pdf export problems, again 😒

Have been experiencing this strange formatting failure from time to time, when exporting notes as pdf. Maybe not the biggest Evernote-problem we are facing at the moment - but still annoying and confusing, especially when having spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong.

Seems that if you have accidentally added a space on an empty line, Evernote removes the line when exporting to pdf.

image.png.55d4a3c1465184fb09924f38174fed60.pngimage.png.b09f87c21a6ba5d7a318a0aa4d038ae7.png

image.png.01c7f15dccec87377ac3eb2a8b431583.png

• Thanks 1

Hmmm... and now finding out that if a text is highlighted, then all empty lines are vanishing on pdf export. This is madness. 🫤🤥👎

image.png.3e7302c7550c2b2a6342cd5e0455b2c4.pngimage.png.71b3e32e64b05075ae01676df011a36d.png

Nice finds, including reproduction in detail. Certainly bugs. Have you filed them? They should be fixed. Even small imperfections like these, might undermine the trust people have in a product like Evernote, which should be 100% solid in these area's. Curious question, how big is the impact/value/problem for you, on the described issues? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MvdH said:

Nice finds, including reproduction in detail. Certainly bugs. Have you filed them?

My experience is - unfortunately - that contacting Evernote support is mostly just a waste of time and effort. So, no I haven't reported it yet.

1 hour ago, MvdH said:

They should be fixed. Even small imperfections like these, might undermine the trust people have in a product like Evernote, which should be 100% solid in these area's. Curious question, how big is the impact/value/problem for you, on the described issues? 

It doesn't have a huge impact on my workflow, but is very annoying and troubleling. As you also said, it undermines the trust in Evernote.

In this case it was a longer note, a couple of pages when exported to pdf, and I noticed that something "looked wrong". Started to investigate and made some tests, for figure out what happened and what caused it.

And the problem is that everytime you export something from Evernote, you need to very very carefully examine every single detail, to be sure everything is as it should be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Level 5
45 minutes ago, janndk said:

My experience is - unfortunately - that contacting Evernote support is mostly just a waste of time and effort.

I wish I could object …

But OK, on the other hand we get the support we don’t wish for if we don’t „train“ them a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5
7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I wish I could object …

But OK, on the other hand we get the support we don’t wish for if we don’t „train“ them a bit.

Like trying to train ferrets to juggle, on the theory that they might be seals? 😁

• Haha 4

I pay Evernote monthly.  In the past I've been pleased with its performance.  However, the PDF export feature has not worked in months.  Evernote needs to remedy this issue.  Otherwise, I will have to cease its use.

• 2 weeks later...