Audio record feature

Hello 

I have problems the last days with audio record in the notes. I used it frequently and I see lately that you switch on the record, suddenly after  several minutes is switch off not recording anything. 
it happened several times in the last week. Something that didn’t happen before.

regards 

carlos 

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, charly727 said:

Hello 

I have problems the last days with audio record in the notes. I used it frequently and I see lately that you switch on the record, suddenly after  several minutes is switch off not recording anything. 
it happened several times in the last week. Something that didn’t happen before.

regards 

carlos 

Hi.  I assume you're not a Teams (Business) user.  If you'd like some suggestions  for a work-around please tell us your device / OS and Evernote version.  Many mobile devices use battery-saver apps to minimise usage and this is what you may be experiencing.  You may be able to disable this,  or use a dedicated recording app which will probably have ways around the issue.  Attach the third-party recorded audio file to your note when it is completed. 

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Attach the third-party recorded audio file to your note when it is completed. 

That is my current workaround when the audio feature in Evernote started working inconsistently for me. I like JustPressRecord, plus it will provide a transcription if desired.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@charly727 This can be cause by short glitches of the internet connection. EN records and syncs in one go. So if the internet is shaky for some reason, it can derail the recording. Not good on laptop, but worse on mobile: There the recording can get completely lost when the syncing fails.

Personally I am on JustPressRecord as well. It saves on device and syncs later through iCloud. The recording and the transcript can be shared into a new note after the recording, as an attachment.

• Like 1