Android app 10.62.3 not opening note on first attempt

Android app 10.62.3 not opening note on first attempt. I have to exit and go back in and it usually opens on second attempt. This is for all notes not just a specific one. My app is updated and I have rebooted my phone.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I've seen this occasionally, but not globally as you're experiencing. There might be a chance it could be a temporary connectivity error at one end or the other. Is it still happening today?

I am having a problem in the android app as well. Most of my evernote shared/webclipping notes will not open on my android. The spinning circle just spins and spins. I have used this app since 2012 but because my phone is where I use the app 99% of the time, I am going to have to find another product that will work 

I am also experiencing this! 

When I open a note shortcut that I've added to my phone home screen, it will actually open the main app view. If I close that window on my phone, then click on my note shortcut again it will open the note itself correctly. Even later that same day, though, the issue will happen again. The shortcuts are supposed to be that - a shortcut. Having them initially open to the main Evernote app view makes their existence moot. I have tried removing and re-adding the shortcuts as well, and I still have the issue. 

• Level 5
5 hours ago, Meri T said:

I am also experiencing this! 

When I open a note shortcut that I've added to my phone home screen, it will actually open the main app view. If I close that window on my phone, then click on my note shortcut again it will open the note itself correctly. Even later that same day, though, the issue will happen again. The shortcuts are supposed to be that - a shortcut. Having them initially open to the main Evernote app view makes their existence moot. I have tried removing and re-adding the shortcuts as well, and I still have the issue. 

I've been experiencing the same thing off and on the last couple of days. Annoying, slightly time-consuming, and really irrational. It was happening this morning, but it's not happening now, with no intervention on my part.  All I can say is I hope it fixes itself for you too. It's really hard to imagine what could be happening--although my understanding is that the Android app does not download any significant number of notes to the phone, so asking for a note to display requires downloading it; perhaps there was some kind of connectivity issue to the Evernote servers earlier today.

I also have this problem. I think the problem is if note is bigger in size (with pictures or other attachments). I think that the problem is that the loading icon does not disappear. The note is downloaded, but it does not open. If I go back and again click on the same note it opens normally.

• Level 5

For me, it's intermittent and fairly rare. Today, I can't get it to fail. I haven't noticed that contents or size of the note seem to matter when it does fail, but it might. I suspect connectivity issues appearing randomly at one of the (many) points between me (or you) and Evernote's servers, but that's just a guess.

For my Samsung Galaxy S8+, running (the somewhat older) Android 9, the trick was manually updating the system component "Android System WebView" (in Play Store). After this, the problem disappeared and the Evernote app is snappier than ever!

• Like 1

Miraculously this problem stopped just after I reported it but it had been going on for weeks before. Had not upgraded or done anything to change Evernote on my Android device.  It just started working and so far, touch wood, it's still working.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5
On 1/7/2024 at 10:53 AM, Meri T said:

I was about to renew this to say that I now experience this issue constantly, from all sources: from home screen shortcuts, from the widget that shows recent notes, from links in other apps, etc. But then I thought I should update to the most recent version (10.68.0), and lo and behold, after the update it now works perfectly! Everything I just mentioned now works fine to open directly to the linked note. At this point, I have to say it seems to be fixed. But like @annward2, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't stop working again.

14 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I was about to renew this to say that I now experience this issue constantly, from all sources: from home screen shortcuts, from the widget that shows recent notes, from links in other apps, etc. But then I thought I should update to the most recent version (10.68.0), and lo and behold, after the update it now works perfectly! Everything I just mentioned now works fine to open directly to the linked note. At this point, I have to say it seems to be fixed. But like @annward2, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't stop working again.

Yeah, I've had this version for about a week now, and it is still not working correctly for me. Notes still open to the home screen of the app, not the note. Although, now I also get prompts (sometimes two in a row) to update to the Evernote paid plan. So, that's a fun new twist on this issue. 

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Aaand I'm back to clicking on notes in shortcuts, widgets, links, etc., and not having them open until I try a second time. 😠 It's not "reliable": at the moment things are working fine, but earlier today they were not.

• 1 month later...

If you're encountering difficulties opening notes on the first attempt with Android app version 10.62.3, don't worry. This may be a minor glitch, but the app's development team is proactive in addressing such issues. Consider reaching out to their support for immediate assistance, ensuring a smoother user experience moving forward.

• Level 5
8 hours ago, eliza8 said:

If you're encountering difficulties opening notes on the first attempt with Android app version 10.62.3, don't worry. This may be a minor glitch, but the app's development team is proactive in addressing such issues. Consider reaching out to their support for immediate assistance, ensuring a smoother user experience moving forward.

AI-powered bots always make the most intelligent contributions, don't they? Or at least the most artificial. I've reported it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 4:58 PM, eliza8 said:

Experiencing note-opening issues in the Android app version 10.62.3? It's likely a minor glitch, swiftly addressed by the proactive development team. Reach out to support for prompt resolution, ensuring seamless usability.