Mobile notes not updating location/tags

I have noticed that if I edit an existing note on my mobile (change Tag, Move location) the changes are not reflected straight away (sometimes days) even with a WiFi (fully synced) connection. But the changes that I make on the mobile are instant on the windows and web app. Any ideas?
Basically I was away for a few days and totally dependant on my mobile with offline notes and a WiFi connection. Edited some existing notes by tagging. When I searched for the notes in the tagged folder they were not there but when viewing the edited note the new tag was present. The sync was fully complete and I checked this for a couple of days with no change.
  • Level 5*

Most up-to-date versions on both devices?  There's a Sync option in the Settings menu on mobiles.  I think the mobile activity is designed as a trickle feed rather than a full-on upload,  because the device needs to be available for other activities.  If you know there are some volume of changes to be synced,  best to start a sync and make sure the device stays active until you can see that your work has transferred to your main device - or maybe email the notes to yourself for a more immediate completion?

The notes are existing. the problem lies in the addition of tags. A newly tagged note (on my mobile) does not show on the filtered list (on my mobile) with the relevent new tag.But when I view the individual note, the tag is present (on my mobile). This is after the note has been synced (proof of this is that the new tag has been updated on my PC) and in the new filtered location. As i mentioned before this remained for at least 2 days on my mobile (no accessto my PC).

I'm in the same boat again ( mobile access only). I tagged a note. My filtered list is also a shortcut and noted that the note count on the shortcut included the new tagged note but was not visible. But the filter list did not add the newly tagged note on the note count and obviously not visible. But as mentioned before if go to the note, the new tag remains.

• 3 months later...
I was hoping with all the updates this problem would disappear.
The ability to group and view tagged notes on the fly via the mobile app is very important but this issue makes that impossible.
The link below shows my problem using the PC to create/edit tags and the Android mobile version to utilise those chages on the go.
Any sugestions?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

I don’t know which „feature“ you believe was removed.

I can add tags on my mobile client, no issue. I can create new tags from the same process.

They sync within a few seconds, indicated by the green triangle in the notes list. When it disappears, the sync is done.

The tags show up in my desktop client a few seconds after syncing on the mobile client it done.

In the other direction it works practically instantaneous. When I added 3 tags on desktop, they showed on mobile right away.

What takes longer is the search index. On desktop it worked fast. Both notes tagged on mobile and desktop were found within minutes in a search for a tag.

On mobile it takes quite a while. And it seems the index doesn’t update for all tags at the same time. No idea why but out of 3 tags applied for testing, 1 showed up earlier, the second after 35 minutes.

For me this is not the expected behavior. It seems that the index is updated per note - if several tags are applied to a note, they all show up in search at the same time.

If you want, contact support.

Can you point me in the direction where i can view my list of tags via a customised filter (that has been created on my windows version and is viewable on the home screen) on the new mobile version? up until the new version was installed this was also visable on my mobile home screen.

25 minutes ago, grahamprothero said:

Can you point me in the direction where i can view my list of tags via a customised filter (that has been created on my windows version and is viewable on the home screen) on the new mobile version? up until the new version was installed this was also visable on my mobile home screen.

I'd like to know how you create a  list of tags using a customised filter. I thought the tags widget on the desktop just listed the tags in order of the number of notes containing that tag.

The Home screen on desktop/web is now called "My Widgets" on mobile and you access it from settings (even if you don't want to change the settings). So click the icon at the top left of the screen and choose My widgets

• Level 5

Update on the tag search: After appr. 8 hrs. the tags on the last note finally are integrated into the search index and can be searched on mobile as well as on desktop.

The easiest way to search for a tag is to enter this into the search field, and press Enter:

tag:mytag 

No space between the colon : and the tag name !

The starting point for all this is the notes tab in the new mobile interface. Once selected, the search becomes active behind the magnifier glass top right.