Can someone please tell me where I can find the Trash folder

Go to solution Solved by rafael.liang,

Evernote gets more disappointing with each year — I cannot find a support email so I'll have to post it here.

I cannot find the Trash folder in my sidebar nor in the notebook search bar — where has it gone?! The only way I was able to find my deleted note is to delete a note and quickly click on the prompt dialogue that appears. Please help.

image.png.976f5267d76d3a614679bed2555ed18a.png

More info:

> M1 MacBook, MacOS 13.6.3

> Evernote Version
10.67.4-mac-mas-public (20231204112355)
Editor: v176.32.0
Service: v1.80.3
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

> User since 2011, frequent user

> Phone has Trash

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 2.29.48 AM.png

Edited by rafael.liang
Attached screenshot
  • Evernote Expert

The Trash is normally located as the last item in the sidebar.

I notice that you are using the software from the Apple store.

You may have better success running the direct download from evernote.com/download

First uninstall the store version, then download the direct version and see how that works for you. It may resolve other issues you didn't realise that you had since the Store versions are limited because of the way they are installed.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, agsteele said:

The Trash is normally located as the last item in the sidebar.

I notice that you are using the software from the Apple store.

You may have better success running the direct download from evernote.com/download

First uninstall the store version, then download the direct version and see how that works for you. It may resolve other issues you didn't realise that you had since the Store versions are limited because of the way they are installed.

My attached screenshots show the end of the side bar and also search term Trash coming up no results.

That's interesting, I would have thought both versions (Apple Store or direct download) would have the latest one. I updated to this version recently...so it could be that, though it's rare that I visit the Trash so I can't pinpoint when it happened.

Thanks for the reply, I will wait for more solutions before doing this overhaul method.

That said, it is unacceptable if one version causes the bug and I have to use the direct download — I think it is fair to expect the version downloaded from the Apple Store to work well.

Edited by rafael.liang
  • Solution

Okay, I've just figured out what is happening — not trying to discredit you as I was playing around right after the first person's reply (but still big thanks!).

The good news is that it's easy to resolve, the bad news is that it's slightly annoying and seems like it's a bug — see video. I emptied Trash before the screen record.

*If you don't want to watch the video, try collapsing / expanding different notebooks until it appears.

23 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Thats a strange one. Try closing the sidebar (little bottom icon when hover) and see if a trash icon appears.

Screen Recording 2023-12-21 at 2.51.59 AM.mov

Edited by rafael.liang
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just want to update everybody that I recently updated Evernote and it appears that this issue has been solved (same window size on the same external monitor) because I also noticed some other visual improvements.

Thanks to the Evernote Team.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 4.29.10 PM.png