Google sheets cell edit creates EN note -- undesired behavior

kyle_eng
Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Solution

Are you using alt+ctrl+V at all? That is (also) the global (works everywhere) keyboard shortcut for "paste into Evernote". It can be changed or disabled in the EN keyboard shortcut list. And if you need further proof, I selected some of the text above, copied it with ctrl+C and pressed alt+ctrl+V. Looks the same as your screen shot.

image.png.09bf882545bb5f78508d1925fcc55791.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, kyle_eng said:

Hi all, I have an unexpected/undesired behavior--typing words into google sheets will create a note with the contents of the cell.

I can't imagine that Evernote can do this on its own.  Do you have any type of third party helper app such as IFTTT running?

Or does Google Sheets have a save to Evernote option that is maybe enabled and triggered with autosave?

• Like 1
On 12/19/2023 at 11:17 AM, Mike P said:

Are you using alt+ctrl+V at all? That is (also) the global (works everywhere) keyboard shortcut for "paste into Evernote". It can be changed or disabled in the EN keyboard shortcut list. And if you need further proof, I selected some of the text above, copied it with ctrl+C and pressed alt+ctrl+V. Looks the same as your screen shot.

image.png.09bf882545bb5f78508d1925fcc55791.png

Mike! 100% what is happening. Alt-ctrl-V pastes formatting only—which I do frequently.

Thanks! I’ve marked your answer as the solution.

thanks others for contributing and thinking about my issue—much appreciated :)

• Like 1