Question regarding Tax Exempt Status

Go to solution Solved by mackid1993,

My job is awesome and is purchasing a Personal sub for me to use at work. However, we are a tax exempt government agency. If I subscribe and pay sales tax it's a big headache interally. I opened a ticket with support from that account. Does anyone know if they will be able to generate an invoice for me to pay without sales tax or how that works?

I still haven't heard from them. Does anyone know how they can send an invoice? Will they be able to just email me a link so I can pay. I see a help article for non profits but it's for teams accounts. I just need one seat not a teams account. 

Has anyone ever dealt with education, government, or non profit before?

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Since it's coming from a basic account it's deprioritized.

All accounts are running into something like a 14 day delay...  If you have a ticket number I can flag it up to the Forum Admins,  but I don't know whether that will help ...

On 12/9/2023 at 9:42 PM, gazumped said:

Done.  Good Luck!

I have to get this purchased ASAP. Our cutoff for the year is coming up and if I don't buy it soon I won't able able to until January. Does anyone have any superpowers to get me an invoice? @Federico Simionato someone? I want to pay for Evernote but cannot without a tax exemption being honored and our internal deadline for the year is approaching.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The herd travels at its own pace I'm afraid.  Your billing page at https://www.evernote.com/BillyBillingProfile.action will show an invoice for payments,  but there's no breakdown - it's just a flat subscription.  I doubt even our Imperious Leader can ask the accounts department for a quick invoice unless there's a system in place...

Maybe consider subscribing monthly if you have another chance at this in the new year?  Given time I'm sure you'll get an invoice;  getting it now is less likely.  :(

27 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  The herd travels at its own pace I'm afraid.  Your billing page at https://www.evernote.com/BillyBillingProfile.action will show an invoice for payments,  but there's no breakdown - it's just a flat subscription.  I doubt even our Imperious Leader can ask the accounts department for a quick invoice unless there's a system in place...

Maybe consider subscribing monthly if you have another chance at this in the new year?  Given time I'm sure you'll get an invoice;  getting it now is less likely.  :(

I can't subscribe monthly or I'll still be charged sales tax. :( 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Yeah, they are really derailed. I think they may have been crawling back a little, but now with the password reset and 2FA enforcing, they got kicked back into the mud.

Sorry for those working support these days.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Yeah, they are really derailed. I think they may have been crawling back a little, but now with the password reset and 2FA enforcing, they got kicked back into the mud.

Sorry for those working support these days.

Yup, I certainly feel bad for these guys. But seriously a month to refund $10 in sales tax isn't okay. I mean I just wanted to subscribe and get my tax exempt status processed so I could give them money and I was forced to now pay the sales tax and get it refunded because our purchasing department was going to close for the year.

Wow, they responded to me, told me I was subscribed to a tax exclusive plan and no action is required. I just sent them a copy of the invoice showing the sales tax. This is insane. I love Evernote but this is really really bad.

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Well, all governments run a deficit these days. See this 💸 as a contribution to a greater good 👍 ?

😂

LOL! The problem is it's against the law here for them to not refund it. They charge sales tax in New York and have to respect it when an agency is tax exempt.

1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

Basically it moves out of the left pocket and ends up in the right. It may be that the pockets belong to different trousers, however …

It doesn't quite work like that for us. I have to get it refunded. The claimed my plan is tax exclusive but I clearly see sales tax.

21 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Finally support took care of this, refunded the money and added a tax exempt status to the account!

Only took a month! You need to write tips! 

Seriously though, glad it’s sorted. I really hope in q1 this year support substantially improves. Premium prices should equal premium product and support. 

8 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Only took a month! You need to write tips! 

Seriously though, glad it’s sorted. I really hope in q1 this year support substantially improves. Premium prices should equal premium product and support. 

I actually had two pending tickets on my personal account and I'm getting replies on them, several in the last two days actually. It seems like they may finally be getting back to normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1