"Recent searches" Frozen

Go to solution Solved by ln899,

I'm using the latest version (10.67.4) for Windows 10 desktop.  When I open the search dropdown menu, just under the Search box, where one enters one's search terms, there's a section that perports to show one's recent searches.  I have three past searches in that list.

My problem is that those searches are from 3-4 weeks, and many subsequent searches, ago. My "Recent searches" list seems stuck.

Any ideas as to how to unfreeze it?  Is this a known issue affecting others?

Thanks for your ideas!

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

when I first click into the search bar are usually months old

OK now I'm confused too.  I don't use the 'recents' area particularly,  but there were three items there I know I have used - so I opened one to see when it was last updated,  and that was 3 weeks ago.  (I have searched since then!)

-Then when I went back to recents again I had three different searches (including the one I just did) and one of the others listed was one I remember from earlier today.  So yes,  I guess I'm seeing the same.  Weird.  If I see it happen again I'll send it on to Support <_<

• Like 1
10 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Not affecting me (AFAICS) - have you selected "everywhere" in the search box?  Is 'Standard' search showing?  Have you tried a new search to see if that appears?

Yes, everywhere is selected. Standard search is showing.  And, as I said, I've done many, many searches subsequent to the three very old searches that are stuck in the "Recent searches" area.  Only those three old items populate that area, and actual recent searches do not appear.

OK, further research and testing reveals an interesting new twist.  The problem of recent searches not showing up in the list on my Windows 10 desktop Evernote app persists. But when I try a search using the Evernote web app (which I hardly ever use), that new search does show up in the recent searches list in the web app.

Then, when I go back to my desktop app, the search that I just executed in the web app shows up in the Recent searches area of the desktop app. But searches in the desktop app continue to fail to appear in the Recent searches list of either the desktop app or the web app.

The above behavior means that I can clear out the old "recent" search list in my desktop app by doing executing searches in the web app, since the latter then replace the former.

I'm perplexed.

• Level 5
20 hours ago, ln899 said:

OK, further research and testing reveals an interesting new twist.  The problem of recent searches not showing up in the list on my Windows 10 desktop Evernote app persists. But when I try a search using the Evernote web app (which I hardly ever use), that new search does show up in the recent searches list in the web app.

Then, when I go back to my desktop app, the search that I just executed in the web app shows up in the Recent searches area of the desktop app. But searches in the desktop app continue to fail to appear in the Recent searches list of either the desktop app or the web app.

The above behavior means that I can clear out the old "recent" search list in my desktop app by doing executing searches in the web app, since the latter then replace the former.

I'm perplexed.

Me too. I tried that just now, and got zilch. No updating of either Web or desktop app with the successful new, never-before-performed search. Thing's a mess, actually, and I've learned to ignore it and just start typing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

The Evernote help system has sent me a note about this thread, asking "Did any of these replies answer your question?"  The answers is not yet. So far as I can see, there's a bug in the Windows version.  So I guess the solution is up to the good people at Bending Spoons.