I can't open Evernote on my laptop

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I've been an Evernote user for years and never had any problems until this a few days ago. The error I get when I try to open Evernote is the following: "Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote. Exit code: - 1073741819"
I have cleared my cookies, rebooted, uninstalled Evernote and reinstalled Evernote and I am still getting the same error code. Everything else on my computer is working fine.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
23 minutes ago, Radke Agency said:

Windows, should I be posting somewhere else?

No sweat - I moved you to the Windows forums.  Like I said - try the full 'clean' install:

1 - Exit Evernote (if you can) / delete data from device
2 - Uninstall app with Appcleaner (Mac) or Revo Uninstaller Free (Win)
3 - Power device off / allow 10 seconds / power back on
4 - Download latest Evernote from Evernote.com
5 - Reinstall.  It will take a little while for the app to be fully operational

Check that Hardware Acceleration is set to ON (in Settings > Preferences > Application and scroll to the bottom.  The "hardware acceleration disabled" box should be UNticked,  but if you're having issues try changing that setting and restarting the device

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

No sweat - I moved you to the Windows forums.  Like I said - try the full 'clean' install:

Check that Hardware Acceleration is set to ON (in Settings > Preferences > Application and scroll to the bottom.  The "hardware acceleration disabled" box should be UNticked,  but if you're having issues try changing that setting and restarting the device

Thank you, this worked! Please note, the only step I did not do is the "Check the Hardware Acceleration" as I wasn't able to find that on my computer based on the steps you provided. Everything is working well now so thank you again! 

• Like 1
On 12/4/2023 at 4:18 PM, gazumped said:

I have the same problem (PC W10 - Exit code: - 1073741819). I have cleared cookies, restarted the computer, uninstalled Evernote (Revo Uninstaller) and reinstalled it (version 10.67.4.) and still get the same error code. Everything else on my computer is working properly. Hardware acceleration is turned off. When I unchecked the data (which remains on the PC), it was checked on the next installation.  What should I do ?

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here - suddenly today my Evernote crashed and I spent 2 hrs trying to delete all files and reinstalling two times. I get this same error code "Exit code 1073741819". The same appears after the full uninstall, deleting av all temp files +++ 

Very irritating. This is the 4th or 5th time this year I have had to completely delete all of Evernote spending hrs to be able to find and delete all files. 

Too many bugs and errors here... used evernote for many, many years. Time to deliver a stable version of this program? 

4 minutes ago, bobbybob said:

Same problem here - suddenly today my Evernote crashed and I spent 2 hrs trying to delete all files and reinstalling two times. I get this same error code "Exit code 1073741819". The same appears after the full uninstall, deleting av all temp files +++ 

Very irritating. This is the 4th or 5th time this year I have had to completely delete all of Evernote spending hrs to be able to find and delete all files. 

Too many bugs and errors here... used evernote for many, many years. Time to deliver a stable version of this program? 

It's working for me now. If you did the same procedure I described earlier the advice I got from support might help:

1. Check that your content is present on Evernote Web version
2. Go to File Explorer
3. Search for %AppData% folder
4. In this folder, look for Evernote and delete the entire folder
5. Reinstall Evernote

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 5:45 AM, tomasek340 said:

It's working for me now. If you did the same procedure I described earlier the advice I got from support might help:

1. Check that your content is present on Evernote Web version
2. Go to File Explorer
3. Search for %AppData% folder
4. In this folder, look for Evernote and delete the entire folder
5. Reinstall Evernote

Thanks @tomasek340 - this worked for me as well, without having to use Revo. This has been bugging me for days and was a life saver - thanks!!

• Like 1