Bug in keyboard shortcut for indentation

I am trying to indent a line of text in a Note.

If I create a new line and hit command-shift-], the line will indent. 
But -- if there is text on the line, the shortcut will not work.(The icon in the button bar works fine -- the shortcut does nothing.)

This is not true of the outdent command. It works whether there is text on the line, or not.
I conclude that this is a bug.

Thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this. I indent text a lot. Having the keyboard shortcut work as advertised would be very helpful.
  • Like 1

I can reproduce the same bug behavior on Mac Desktop (10.66.5) and also on Windows Desktop (10.62.5 -- Yikes, have not updated for a little bit) with Ctrl-M for indent for Windows. Looks like the indent keyboard shortcut only works if there is no text on the line for both Desktop platforms.

Since you indent text a lot, did this used to work and now it doesn't? Guessing it doesn't work at least between versions 10.62.5 (if not earlier) and 10.66.5 (if not later)

Well, I guess that's good -- I'm not crazy! But frankly, I don't know if it used to work. I'm only starting to get familiar with the various keyboard shortcuts. I've used the button bar for a long time and have always felt that there must be a better way ...

Just tried this on my Windows client, 10.67.2 and I get slightly different behavior from what @gazumped reports.  If the cursor is at the beginning of a line, the control-M shortcut works and indents the text, whether the line is blank or already has text.  If the cursor is in the midst of text that is already there, the indent does not happen. 

Vinnie

• Like 2

I can verify this on Mac, as well. I didn't catch it at first. Text on the line, with cursor at head of line, the shortcut works. With cursor anywhere else, it doesn't.

This is not true of outdent. It works whether there is or isn't text and, if there is text, the cursor can be anywhere.