Checklist Within Table Data Corruption

Hi, 

I have a note that I have been using as my task list - it is a 2 column table where I have a checklist of tasks assigned to a time/day of the week on the left, and and in the other column on the right are the tasks I need to schedule (by putting in the left column) in bullet form.

Throughout the day, my list will start changing itself in various forums - duplicating items, truncating items, copy/paste overwriting items.

This has become increasingly troubling due to the fact my duties are going missing from the list and I can easily forget something I need to do, and also it is taking up much time reverting to previous notes to sync up with my uncorrupted data.

Why is Evernote modifying my data this way when there is no input on my end?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote does not modify data.  If the content of your notes is changing it may be either a display issue,  or a bad network connection.  If this is interfering with your work,  I'd suggest you user Google Docs or some other storage option to maintain a static copy of the list unless and until you can find out why you're having this experience.  If you can state your device / OS / Evernote version and whether or not you have the app open on multiple devices when this happens,  we can maybe suggest alternatives...

I'd suggest you might copy all your content and paste as plain text into a different note and delete the old note (and then reformat the plain pasted text accordingly). There could be some misbehaving meta-data or something in that current note with regards to the Real Time Editing that has run amiss.

• Like 1

Thank you all for swift responses.

This note is accessed between a windows laptop, desktop, and android phone. I constantly have it open and edit it between the different systems. It is open perpetually on my laptop. 

Auditing the changelog for the note shows the changes happen when I am not using the program (i.e. when I was out at dinner last night). Which resulted in a truncated line item and a row being duplicated 3 times. This is typical. For this reason I claim Evernote is glitching and making these changes happen.

Please let me know if you think any of this might be causing the issue.

Boot17 I will try and make a new note, which is not ideal, and you might be on to something with Real Time Editing!

Thanks

You're correct PinkElephant - I do not use Teams, apologies for putting in wrong forum section.

• Like 1