Quick Note is not working properly.

On  the newest version 10.67.2, Quick Note fails!

The right mouse click (to get create note, quit, etc) works OK.  On a left mouse click the functionality (creating a quick note and/or screen clip) is dead. 

I restarted Evernote 10.67.2  ... same problem.   
I re installed 10.67.2 .. same problem

I reinstalled an earlier version 10.66.4 and Quick Note works!

Problem reported as id #3789267

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, amInMarina said:

As usual I seem to be the outlier - quick note works for me... either right click or left click generates a note without any issues.

• Level 5
6 hours ago, gazumped said:
8 hours ago, amInMarina said:

As usual I seem to be the outlier - quick note works for me... either right click or left click generates a note without any issues.

I also find it working. Possibly a corrupted installation?

Just wanted to chime in here with the observation that for the better part of today, post-update, it was taking an unacceptably long time to create a new note.  Since this is the entire purpose of the product, this is very much not okay.  On top of that the post-update survey appeared repetitively and demanded a response. This seems to have resolved now, but I wonder if the entire Ux thing has passed Evernote by, or maybe since they have off-shored their dev teams that this is just seen as irrelevant, I mean, what's a customer anyway, once they are subscribing?  On the plus side quick note does appear to function.

13 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I also find it working. Possibly a corrupted installation?

Thanks for your comments.

My thought is that it has to be something with the newest release.  I can revert back to 10.66.4 and Quick Note works just fine... but as soon as Evernote forces an upgrade to 10.67.2 the problem appears where a right mouse click brings up the standard "Open Evernote", "new note", "Quit Evernote" options appear.  The left mouse click does not respond with the usual input form .

My latest status is that I've once more gone back to 10.66.4 (where Quick Note works) and now, if I do a "Check for updates",  The response is:

You’re up to date! 
     Evernote 10.66.4 is currently the newest version available.

Does that mean they've disabled the roll-out of 10.67.2?
       Or, am I being overly hopeful that things will be working with the next auto update?

• Level 5*
Just now, amInMarina said:

Does that mean they've disabled the roll-out of 10.67.2?

No.  You just haven't reached the update roll-out (again) yet.  I'm on 10.67.2 and everything is working fine on Windows 10 & 11

You could try a clean re-install...

1 - Exit Evernote / delete data from device
2 - Uninstall app with Appcleaner (Mac) or Revo Uninstaller Free (Win)
3 - Power device off / allow 10 seconds / power back on
4 - Download latest Evernote from Evernote.com
5 - Reinstall.  It will take a little while for the app to be fully operational
6 - Check that Hardware Acceleration is set to ON

• Like 1

Hi there:

Same issue here. Reported also as id #3786023. Customer support replied saying they are not able to replicate the problem.

I have two PC's running underwing Windows 10. Whereas the quick note windows works in one of them, it does not work in the other one.

Cheers.

On 3/12/2023 at 14:28, GonzaloD dijo:

Hi there:

Same issue here. Reported also as id #3786023. Customer support replied saying they are not able to replicate the problem.

I have two PC's running underwing Windows 10. Whereas the quick note windows works in one of them, it does not work in the other one.

Cheers.

Fixed after latest update from this week.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE on Windows(10) desktop app and the Quick Note problem(s)
  History:  
   * Quick Note worked with version 10.66.4
   * Quick Note failed with 10.67.2
   * Quick Note now working 10.68.2

no intervening re-installs (clean or otherwise) done;  appears to be a version related issue

At least for now I'm a happy camper.

• Like 1