Seriously - stop with the pop ups

Literally so frustrated with the pop up to pay EVERY time I open Evernote. Especially when it says this offer won't happen again. This offer happens an unnatural amount of times. I have used evernote for years and its frustrating that now its required to pay. Please for the sake of your users who count on you for their work needs, consider your business model beforehand. Free forever doesn't make sense, I get that, but overall frustrating experience and my reason for switching to Notion after all these years. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You used EN for years without paying.

You are now annoyed with your attention being deviated by popups asking you to pay.

2 remarks:

First is that you usually pay with your attention when you decide not to pay with your money. You get advertising for other products in most cases - EN only bothers you with ads for their own product. So no idea what you are claiming - your attention is the price you pay, willingly.

Second I think this may be your smallest problem with your current personal usage model, exploiting the Free model to the utmost. This is not sustainable, neither for the company nor for yourself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5

By the way, the forums are basically user-to-user, and so you aren't addressing Evernote directly with your critique of "your" business model. You can email feedback@evernote.com. Or contact support at https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action. Oh wait....

Hope you'll get as much good by not paying for Notion as you have by not paying for Evernote.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

It's just ridiculous, "this offer won't happen again"......it literally happens EVERY time we open the app

I understand the need for capital, but what happened to letting private usere use it for free, so they are already used to the app, and let those users influence what the companies and  employer chose when looking for software to buy

I'm looking for alternatives, google keep seems like a good way to go, cuz I'm not paying for the ability to take notes on my phone

• Level 5

Since when do you take marketing speech serious ?

And how do you know that the best offer of last time hasn’t expired meanwhile, and got replaced by another best offer ?

You want it free, so you pay with your attention. Nothing different to other places where non subscribers are welcomed with aggressive advertising.

If it helps to make people subscribe is another question …

• Like 2

It kind of reminds me of this mobile app that I use where I'm currently on the Free plan (but paid for a one year subscription at one point) and I watch some ads periodically. Sometimes, instead of an ad, they tout their paid plan and it always starts of with "Introducing the such and such plan." - and I'm thinking "you've been introducing it to me for like over a year now -- is it really an introduction at this point!?". It makes me chuckle. Basically, they just want me to upgrade and want to see how much annoying it takes. If I didn't want to pay and I got annoyed enough, I would leave, but they don't care if I leave if I'm not going to pay anyway and not going to watch their ads. That's the rub. Same here I think except no 3rd party ads in our face, just the in-app upgrade promotions.

• Level 5
8 hours ago, Thomas1234kfjfkkfkflkfkf said:

I understand the need for capital, but what happened to letting private usere use it for free, so they are already used to the app, and let those users influence what the companies and  employer chose when looking for software to buy

Only a guess, but my guess would be that that doesn't actually work.

• Like 1