10.67.2 on macOS 14.1.1 broke the indentation of nested tags

Now, there is no indentation when I expand my nested tags in the leftmost column. Parent and child tags are aligned one above the other, making it incredibly difficult to read.

When I look at tags in the popout pane (by clicking on Tags in the leftmost pane) the indentation is fine. 

It isn't a width issue so maybe an oversight.

Same on Windows. Extremely annoying. An EN release breaking more things than it fixes again. The full pop out tag window is still indented, so at least we can use that until it is fixed. Notebooks in stacks are still indented so I assume it is an oversight.

• Level 5

„Extremely annoying“ - makes my list of todays 1st world problems, Mike. I agree that it is one more of these unexplained and senseless changes we see since several months. QA seems to be on permanent leave. But to be „extremely annoyed“ you need to tickle me some more.

Let us all send support tickets … oh, wait 🤔

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Uninstall, get an older installer, reinstall ... but: the automatic installer will reinstall the newest client in the background, and it will replace any older version by the latest one once you restart the app. Which means: Some pain, no gain.

The auto installer can be disabled, but it takes you deep into the engine room, editing json files.

Thanks for the info!

I can avoid restarting the app (in fact, I almost never restart it unless prompted).  What I am having trouble with is finding an installer for the previous version 10.67.1.  Any suggestions on where I can find these older installers?

• Level 5

No, they changed the strategy about it some months ago. The installer is now always the same. They just change the file they link to it.

So the installer AFAIK won’t help.

You can only check the usual places like Filehippo.com if they have something on stock. All versions before 10.60 are deprecated !

1 hour ago, xmasmoneky said:

I didn't realize how much the lack of indentation interrupts my work flow / train of thought!

Agreed. It seems trivial but the lack of a structure really throws me. At least the indentation is still there in the full tag pop out window.

I wrote Support yesterday to confirm this was on their radar (since a few minor releases have been made since the issue first appeared).  They confirmed they are aware of this issue and it is being worked on.  I assume it must be more complicated than a simple regression.  Looking forward to a fix!  I will never, ever take indentation for granted again.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, George Neophytou said:

Maybe they can fix that with a relaxed/compact view option (more whitespace or less whitespace between lines of text)?

That's assuming a deliberate decision to introduce gaps rather then just an unintentional change followed up with poor/non-existent QA.

• Like 1

How do I update it so this can be fixed with the update? I have the same problem. When I click on "check for updates" it says that "You're up to date!" with Evernote 10.67.4 as the current and newest version available". I suppose I'll wait. 

I don't complain about a lot of issues, but this one really affected my workflow/efficiency. 

5 hours ago, Mike P said:

That's assuming a deliberate decision to introduce gaps rather then just an unintentional change followed up with poor/non-existent QA.

Apparently zero testing. Probably not even have opened the app, as this is the first thing you see when EN starts.

It might also indicate that Bending Spoons is outsourcing the programming - piece by piece - so they have no control over the final aggregate result? Bugs are often fixed only partly, which also tells that the person fixing a bug doesn't have knowledge about the bigger picture.