Extracting Email Addresses

Have thousands of notes and am trying to build a database of all the email address within notes. Does anyone have a suggestion on best way to extract email addresses from many notes/notebooks without opening each one? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  No.  You may be able to use the AI search for 'all notes with an email address' - which I tested and got magazines, shops and helpines as well as some individuals.  It still means you'd need to look at each occurrence.

If you export all your notes to ENEX (which is modified XML) you may be able to use a regex search to tease out likely candidates.

Best of luck!

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

I looked in Filters - didn't see that!  ;)

7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You don't even need any AI stuff to get the job done.

You can use the "Contains" filter and have it search for all notes with email addresses. However getting them extracted will require manual work, and will be a challenge.

image.thumb.png.3f034e1a8bf1b6cb6293e0a51c24e438.png

thank you for the tip, the issue is that I have an email address in each note and I cant see how to get all notes into one file to start to manipulate

• Level 5

Does every one of the thousands of notes have an email address in it? It would be tough to process all of those, unless some of the automation tools @gazumped suggests might help.

The filter can give you a list and a count of the number of notes involved. You spoke of "getting all notes into one file." In the filtered list you could select a certain number of notes (max 100) and merge them into one. Then you'd have that one note to process. There would be two ways of retaining or regaining the original separate notes if you want to: (1) After selecting the notes, copy them all to a new, temporary notebook. Then re-filter for email addresses in that notebook only, and do the merging there. (2) The merge process sends the original, separate notes to the Trash. You could recover them from there. Hope some of this is useful!

• 8 months later...

Posted this over on LinkedIn a minute ago. I think I found the solution for you: 

I figured out a little hack I wanted to share for anyone out there cold-calling or emailing. First, calls are ALWAYS better than emails. Everyone knows this, at least in theory. Pick up the phone, get the gatekeeper to love you, baddabing baddabang.

Not sure why I turned into Joe Pesci there for a second.

But this morning I was spending some time flipping through a literal PAPER journal, the Columbus Business Journal specifically. It has the company info and emails for hundreds of companies listed out, often times the CEO's emails as well.

Again, it's better to email them individually, add some value, personalize... yes, of course. BUT... if you're looking to send one big email to everyone, just to spray and pray, but you don't want to manually type out every... single... email address... I figured out a hack.

- Download Evernote.
- Open a new note.
- Tap the camera and take a picture of every single page that has an email address, all in the same note.
- Save the note
- On the desktop app, select every picture in that note and hit COPY
- Open Chat GPT, paste the PNG or text and tell it to find every email address in the document, and to create a list of each email address separated by commas
- Copy your massive list of email addresses, throw them all in the BCC line and... voila, you're ready to spam hundreds of people!