No Confirmation Email Received for Subscription Cancellation

Hello,

I canceled my Evernote subscription and expected to receive a confirmation email, which I have not yet received. I've checked my main inbox, spam, and other folders, but there's no sign of it.

Could we possibly get a cancellation confirmation sent by email as a standard procedure? It seems like a critical step for clarity and record-keeping.

I've also contacted Evernote support for this confirmation but haven't received a reply. How long does it usually take to get a response?

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Evernote Expert

I've never cancelled so cannot confirm this exactly. The cancellation process is done in your account settings. Once the cancellation is completed your renewal information should reflect the Free status from next date.

BTW cancellation does not trigger any refunds.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Greensthlm said:

I canceled my Evernote subscription

Hi. How did you cancel and how long before/ after the payment date did you do so?  Your account details are here - https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action - and AFAIK a mid-term change won't generate any email confirmations.  If the date is in the future,  you may get a reminder a month before the subscription is due.  If it was in the past you would need to have contacted Support shortly after the date to request a refund.  They are currently very busy and response times are around 10 working days.

@agsteele - I appreciate the information about the account status change that should reflect post-cancellation. And it does. 

@gazumped - I was just looking for confirmation for my records. The link to the account details is helpful, and I'll review my account through that to ensure the cancellation request has been processed correctly. I understand that Evernote is currently experiencing longer response times, so I will wait a bit longer for their reply.

Just for clarification, should I still expect a confirmation email eventually, or is this not standard procedure with Evernote? It would be beneficial for users to have some sort of email acknowledgment for peace of mind.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, Greensthlm said:

should I still expect a confirmation email eventually

Depending on how & when you cancelled,  I would not expect there to be an automatic acknowledgement.  You will see your status on the web page.  You may get further marketing emails to offer a discount to reconnect.

For any business, getting a confirmation email when you change your subscription or cancel is kinda like a digital handshake, right? It's the standard courtesy we expect, and it's super helpful for keeping our own records straight.

Hoping Evernote can hit us up with those automated "we've got your back" emails soon. It's just one of those small things that make a big difference when you're juggling a million tasks.

• Level 5*

At one stage Evernote had more users than most countries have people,  so confirmation emails would have flooded the network - plus every user gets online access to manage their own account and can see what their status is at all times,  so I wouldn't expect anything more unless users clearly state their preferences for confirmations.  We're mainly users here,  so you'd need to feed that back to Evernote directly.

• Level 5*

Evernote has many users but the number that are changing their account status would be far less.  I agree it would be a nice courtesy to send an email, but unfortunately it is becoming less standard all around.  Since I’m never sure when I’ll get a confirmation email or not I’ve gotten into the habit of taking a screenshot of any account change using the web clipper as confirmation.  If an email does show up I’ll merge it with the web clip to save both.

• Like 1