I've read through numerous post on this forum and followed several tips but none work for me.  I am using Windows Web version 10.65.3.  The most relevant is below:

The new Evernote for Windows

Select a notebook or the specific notes that you want to export.

Right-click on selected note(s) and select Export....

Select a file format (ENEX, single-page HTML, or multi-page HTML).

Check or uncheck the attributes you'd like to export with your notes (e.g., tags, created date, author).

Click Export. The file will be saved to your computer's desktop.

Right click does not work and the three dots menu's do not contain an export option.  Please advise how I can get a usable backup of my notes.  I'm not sure what ENEX is but do understand HTML so that would be suitable for me.

Thank you!

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Waldo007 said:

Please advise how I can get a usable backup of my notes.

Notes can be exported from the app in various ways but only from desktop installations.  Web and mobile versions don't allow it. 

It's not a good idea to export all notebooks to one file because an export does not include notebook data.  Better to export each notebook to a separate file.

It's very rare for data to be 'lost' from an Evernote account,  but lots of people still like to have a full copy of their notes somewhere safe,  just in case.  Think of it like wearing a helmet when you ride a bike... no-one wants or expects an accident,  but they do happen. 

If you would like to see an option within Evernote to set up a regular export of all notes,  notebook by notebook please tell them - feedback@evernote.com  - and please vote in this Feature Request https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/147706-please-add-an-export-all-notebooks-option-to-the-desktop-app-notebooks-page/

Meantime...  other options include:

https://github.com/vzhd1701/evernote-backup - free (requires some expertise)

https://www.backupery.com/products/backupery-for-evernote/ - paid service,  but well worth it if you have several notebooks.

https://www.cloudhq.net/evernote - also paid.

(Backupery and CloudHQ download directly from Evernote's server)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

@Waldo007 You say yourself you use the „Windows Web version“. Actually there is no Windows Web version, there is only the web client. It can be used in most browsers, on most platforms (including Mac and Linux).

You need to install the Windows client from the EN website, or use any of the backup options posted by @gazumped .

Thank you gazumped for the detailed answer.  I had the client at one point but somehow got pushed to web version on the PC and was okay with that since I rarely use EN that way.  As a very basic user and to stay on the free version they are pushing me to have only one device.  I fear they will continue to push for only paid accounts and they do not offer a tier I'm comfortable paying for simple notes, punch lists, and reference items.

I will also look into downloading the client again.

Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

When downloading, make sure you are down to a single device / client before you log in for the first time on the new install. Since 2020 there are only 2 unsyncs allowed within 30 days. Users have been locking up their accounts, because they did not first drop all above 1 client, and consequently consumed their unsync actions by setting the situation straight again. The web client counts as one device.

• 4 months later...

Thank you gazumped for the detailed answer.  I had the client at one point but somehow got pushed to web version on the PC and was okay with that since I rarely use EN that way.  As a very basic user and to stay on the free version they are pushing me to have only one device.  I fear they will continue to push for only paid accounts and they do not offer a tier I'm comfortable paying for simple notes, punch lists, and reference items. Embark on a journey of mechanical mastery with our comprehensive collection of bike repair images . Tailored to meet the needs of both novice and seasoned mechanics, our visuals provide invaluable guidance for every repair task. From minor adjustments to major overhauls, our images empower enthusiasts to tackle bike repairs with confidence and expertise.

I will also look into downloading the client again.

Thanks again!

Embarking on the task of writing compare and contrast essays, I recognized the need for specialized support. Turning to a compare and contrast essay writing service https://writingmetier.com/compare-and-contrast-essay-writing-service/ , I found a team of skilled writers adept at drawing meaningful comparisons and highlighting subtle differences. Their meticulous approach and attention to detail have elevated my essays, enabling me to explore complex topics with clarity and precision.