Notes not syncing on Mac and Windows version 10.65.2

Hi all,

I have the latest version of both the Mac and Windows versions of Evernote, but I seem to have some issues with syncing. In particular, the notes only appear to sync in one direction. What I mean by that is, notes written on the Mac or Windows app then appear on the web or mobile version of Evernote, but notes created from mobile or the web don't appear on the Mac or Windows versions. For instance, I will use the web clipper, with those notes appearing in the web and mobile versions, but never the Windows and Mac versions. It's not just the webclipper, though; the same issue happens for any type of note generated on mobile or web. Is anybody experiencing anything similar? Any help would be awesome - thanks!

Scott

• Level 5*

Hi.  How are you using four different clients at the same time?  If you pick a client and complete your tasks there,  the syncs should share the edited / new content around your network.  If you keep on opening / using / checking different clients you'll cause them to sync multiple times.  Everything syncs to the server,  so just make sure you can see your change on the web version - or do your work there,  and then check on other clients to make sure they update correctly. 

• Level 5

My observation with regular syncing in the last days is that there is in fact a small but significant delay. Notes that have been saved hours ago take some minutes until they show up on a client recently opened.

About the number of clients, using 4 of them is not really excessive or out of the range. I currently use EN on 6 clients, not absolutely simultaneously, but close to it: 2 private Macs, 2 iPhones, an iPad and with the web client on my work PC (Win 10). So I count 6 devices active every day, and there are more at home in the HO. I think in total I am close to 10 clients, which will be used without thinking much about switching devices to open EN. I just grab the nearest device, open the client and expect to be good to go.

Which currently is not the case, at least not until the client has consumed several minutes to catch up.

I appreciate the responses, however, the issues are still occurring. I am not using all the different clients at once, I had just done so to check where the sync errors existed. In any case, there are notes from yesterday that appear on the web client, but are yet to sync to the Windows and Mac apps.

I have the same issue. I run Evernote on my iPad Pro with the latest version of Evernote 10.57.2 on iOS16. On my Mac, I have Evernote 10.65.2. When I create a new note on the iPad it shows in the Web version of Evernote in my browser but not on the Mac. I logged out of Evernote on the Mac and back in but the note is not there. 

• Level 5*

My general point was that if you are making changes on one client and then immediately check on another to see whether the change has been synced across,  find it has not,  and check again on a different client,  and then post here,  you're simply creating a ghost issue.  If you're using one device to make changes,  stick with that device until you finish.  Don't interrupt yourself,  or the syncing process,  by switching around.

If you start on a desktop and switch to a mobile device later that's fine;  but don't keep checking other devices if you don't have to.

Each one syncs with the server more or less continuously when Evernote is active.  But as noted above,  there can be slight delays before entries on one device show on another.  And non-Evernote issues like network connections and device speeds may slow things down.  By forcing the server to update one device after another you may just be slowing the whole update process down.

Evernote just published a blog post that says they made a fantastic improvement with syncing speeds - which probably means they've been working on servers and are in process of moving a huge number of accounts around;  that might explain any glitches we're seeing,  and (hopefully) means that things will be much better soon...