Unable to remove old synced device in order to continue using basic free level

My wife decided to revert to the free level because money. Now it EN won't let her in because she has "too many devices synced". The screen that tells her so offers her a 25% reduction in subscription in order to keep all her devices. After looking at that screen for some time (a minute or more) we noticed a tiny text suddenly appearing at the bottom: "remove a synced device instead". Great, we clicked there and sure enough 3 devices seem to be synced, one of which is an old device, since long sent to the junkyard. Click on that and then click on the big remove button should do the trick. But the remove button was not active. no matter what we did: changed to the other active device, updating the app, open/close the app etc to no avail. 

Are we missing something obvious? Any ideas? 

• Level 5

The usual method to unsync is to go to the devices page in account settings, and unsync.

If the device is still available, it’s best to open the client and log out immediately. Then quit the client.

Then use a device you want to keep to make the unsync of those you want to skip. You have 2 unsyncs per 30 days only. It is best practice to make all unsyncs while still subscribed, and have the account lean and stripped down BEFORE it slips to Free. This avoids having too many devices synced, and being locked out by trying to unsync.

• Level 5

You are on the Free plan, so anything you get is a gift, not a service.

I use Free accounts as well (beside my main paid one), and never had any problems like that. You can unsync from many devices, including the mobile ones without a need to go to the browser client. If you go, it is a client and it uses one of the 2 allowed slots.

So yes, you can clog up a Free account by syncing and unsyncing too often, but no, this is not what necessarily happens. It usually is a sign of bad planning in the allocation of the devices, or in handling them. As a rule always go down to 1 working device before trying to add the next one. It is a good choice to make the web client this "first" client, because it allows account access and will work on several physical devices without consuming more than 1 slot.

You will see where it takes you by trying the "trial".

I have problem similar to the described - went down to free version (2 devices, Win desktop and Mac laptop), all was good until tried to use Web on mobile (android). Got message it's not possible with current version of browser, get app. Got app, never used, never login there.

Now constantly, at least once a day, get pop up with Exceed of amount of devices. First 2 times I simply unsynced Evernote Web - how it happened that I was logged on the first place I don't understand - and now only going to browser on desktop/laptop, login into web version and log out manually helps. No, I don't have automatic login anywhere. I cleaned cookies. Nothing helps.

So what I supposed to do now to stop this cycle? Except of upgrade of course, I don't like to be pushed such way. 

2 hours ago, Fatima Ansari said:

"It seems like you're on the right track trying to remove the old device to resolve the 'too many devices synced' issue. If the 'remove' button is inactive, it could be a software glitch. Try logging in through the web version of Evernote and remove the old device from there. If that doesn't work, reach out to Evernote's support for assistance, as they can help you manage your device list effectively."

This looks like an AI generated response. Looking at your post history it appears that you are spamming on the forum.

• Like 1