Hi, I deleted all my notes and want to start from scratch but now there are three ghost notes cannot be delete. (see attached)

The webpage shows 0 which is correct.

However, the Windows 11 10.64.5 shows notes (0) but the notes list shows (3), and none of those notes can be open.

The iPhone app also shows three notes, and each note click in shows "Note unavailable. Unable to load this note. Please refresh the page or try again later". Apparently refresh can't resolve the issue. When I go to Offline - Manage offline notes on iPhone, it shows those three notes but none of them can turn on the toggle.

Could anyone help to advise how to delete those ghost notes or even how to complete delete everything of my account as I don't have anything yet. Does deactive and reactive my account resolve this issue maybe? Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 192905 - Copy.png

Its Halloween tomorrow👻

If everything looks OK on the web version of Evernote then I'd do a quick uninstall/reinstall to see if things work OK. Might me an idea to reboot the phone after the uninstall just to make sure any cached data is gone.

7 分鐘前, Jon/t說:

Its Halloween tomorrow👻

If everything looks OK on the web version of Evernote then I'd do a quick uninstall/reinstall to see if things work OK. Might me an idea to reboot the phone after the uninstall just to make sure any cached data is gone.

Thanks Jon.

Forgot to mention, I uninstalled and reinstalled on Windows 11 with everys step reboot. Deleted all the local data/cache everything regarding evernote etc. not working.

Also uninstalled/reinstalled app on iPhone with reboot in between not working.

Those three notes are stuck on somewhere.

I'd fire off a quick support ticket as something may need resetting.

I remember a few months ago when the new sync was introduced there where a few deleted notes lingering around but that should be fixed by now.

If you're using the Windows app-store version of the software try the direct download from the Evernote website. It stores data in a different place and lets you use all the features.

5 分鐘前, Jon/t說:

I'd fire off a quick support ticket as something may need resetting.

I remember a few months ago when the new sync was introduced there where a few deleted notes lingering around but that should be fixed by now.

If you're using the Windows app-store version of the software try the direct download from the Evernote website. It stores data in a different place and lets you use all the features.

Actually I am using the direct downloaded from evernote. But you remindered me, now I tried Windows app store and it is exactly same version as downloaded version.

Furthermore, I tried legacy version, it shows the correct notes number and nothing on the list.

So the conclusion is the webpage and legacy work fine, the app store, downloaded software, and iPhone are not working.

Are the notes shared? There is/was a bug with the count of shared notes in V10.

Sounds like something needs resetting. Fire off a support ticket and someone should be able to help.

Mention you've uninstalled and whatnot as this is the first thing they'll ask you to do.

2 分鐘前, Jon/t說:

Are the notes shared? There is/was a bug with the count of shared notes in V10.

Sounds like something needs resetting. Fire off a support ticket and someone should be able to help.

Mention you've uninstalled and whatnot as this is the first thing they'll ask you to do.

Thanks Jon. Will do. Appreciated your help.

1 hour ago, Jon/t said:

... just to make sure any cached data is gone

It's a problem of where counts of notes are cached. It seems that EN caches these counts on server site (also) because after an new install/reload the counts do not reflect the current situation...

From my (developer's) point of view a sync operation should

• transfer header data of notes (title, timestamps and maybe tags) first,
  • then bodies of notes (maybe on request if the should be displayed/searched).
  • Counts might be calculated locally in clients and are correct if header data is transferred quickly.

I'm not sure -  but I think Legacy uses this simple algorithm. EN10 with its RTE seems to have its own rules 😐

2 分鐘前, AlbertR說:

It's a problem of where counts of notes are cached. It seems that EN caches these counts on server site (also) because after an new install/reload the counts do not reflect the current situation...

From my (developer's) point of view a sync operation should

• transfer header data of notes (title, timestamps and maybe tags) first,
  • then bodies of notes (maybe on request if the should be displayed/searched).
  • Counts might be calculated locally in clients and are correct if header data is transferred quickly.

I'm not sure -  but I think Legacy uses this simple algorithm. EN10 with its RTE seems to have its own rules 😐

Yes, I think the legacy using web server, EN10 uses mobile deivce (iPhone, iPad, Android etc.) server.

Or they uses different sync rules like you advised.

I have logged a ticket see how it goes.