crashes when I try to insert sketch (on iPad)

Go to solution Solved by gewappnet,

when I try to insert other things (checklist, link to note,images) no problem.

when i try to insert sketch nothing happens. the insert window get blocked. I must re start evernote. 

using on iPad.

• paolo11 changed the title to crashes when I try to insert sketch (on iPad)
  • Level 5*

Hi.  What version of Evernote are you using?  Have you tried a reinstall? 

If you have and sketches still aren't working,  contact Support (or use Feedback from the app) - we're mainly users here.

• Solution
On 10/27/2023 at 12:20 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  What version of Evernote are you using?  Have you tried a reinstall? 

If you have and sketches still aren't working,  contact Support (or use Feedback from the app) - we're mainly users here.

It is a bug of the newest version on iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1 for everyone.

• Like 1

This started to happen to me today on my iPad as well.  Then I confirmed as much on my iPhone too.  I can still create a Sketch on the web app.  I've removed the app (iPad) and reinstalled/restarted it.  Still no luck.

So I'm not crazy?

On 11/1/2023 at 1:30 PM, gewappnet said:

It is a bug of the newest version on iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1 for everyone.

I am on iPadOS 16.6.1 and have EN crashing (locking up) when I click Sketch

Also, locks up my iPhone as well which is iOS 16.6.1 using EN 10.57.2

Things like this seem to be an issue and part of the reason I left EN and now trying it again makes me think my reason for leaving are valid.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

This bug has been introduced with EN 10.57., and carried over into 10.57.1 and 10.57.2

Just installed the hottest last release 10.58.0, but have to confirm the bug has not been squeezed yet.

The release may be hot, but not hot enough to unfreeze the app on adding sketches through the blue + button. No matter if the Sketch option behind the blue + is used, or a Sketch option behind the green + new note button, the app freezes and needs to killed and reopened to return it to normal functioning.

Quite disappointing !

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Jaramillo said:

Need help with sketch on my iPad please. Crashes as soon as I hit insert, then sketch. I use for business so it’s seriously slowed me down. Any help please!

Yes, we all need a fix for this bug as fast as possible, that is what this thread is about!

• Like 4

I thought I was doing something wrong so facing this issue, but there are many like me.

One more thing, many of us, who are facing the same issue may not be able to find this page and report that they are also facing the same issue.

I don't think that Evernote is one of the great tools as it is publicised for note-taking. Will look for something else.

3 minutes ago, Gagan Deep Chani said:

I thought I was doing something wrong so facing this issue, but there are many like me.

One more thing, many of us, who are facing the same issue may not be able to find this page and report that they are also facing the same issue.

I don't think that Evernote is one of the great tools as it is publicised for note-taking. Will look for something else.

Everyone using the iOS version is facing this problem. It is a bug since version 10.57. Sketch does not work for anybody in the iOS version.

This forum is a place for discussions of users. This is not the place to contact Evernote. You have to submit a support ticket from within the Evernote app to do this.

11 hours ago, gewappnet said:

Everyone using the iOS version is facing this problem. It is a bug since version 10.57. Sketch does not work for anybody in the iOS version.

This forum is a place for discussions of users. This is not the place to contact Evernote. You have to submit a support ticket from within the Evernote app to do this.

Thank you! I have submitted the support ticket. Definately this weblink will let them know, how many of us are facing the same.

On 11/3/2023 at 8:26 PM, gewappnet said:

It is resolved, just checked it. Thank you EN

• Like 1