"One moment while we get back to work" - FOREVER

Starting a week ago, Evernote web client /interface went defunct erratically without a definite pattern to give such a message, "One moment while we get back to work". Just that it never got back.

image.png.dbfa82ac6a7094661abcc355edce3a73.png

I had to log in again. Sometime, the working content were there. Sometime, the following error message is shown. 

image.jpeg.b98ac718d037bbc02a5ab1d150069d44.jpeg

I must say it's pretty annoying to use it. 

Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3324

Gareth

• Evernote Expert

Hi @GarethSan! From the screen shots you share it seems that you are using the v10 interface rather than the older version. That's worth checking that that is set in both places in your account settings.

You don't say which browser you use. I'd try something different. If you use Chrome try Firefox. See if that resolves things or not.

4 minutes ago, agsteele said:

You don't say which browser you use. I'd try something different.

Issue happens in my case at work with Chrome browser with latest web version of EN 10, for security reasons there is no second or alternative browser to use in my case…

• Evernote Expert
36 minutes ago, HeBoIz said:

Issue happens in my case at work with Chrome browser with latest web version of EN 10, for security reasons there is no second or alternative browser to use in my case…

Could you try an experiment at home and see if the issue arises there? Again, try multiple browsers. As you know, the work environment inserts a whole bunch of security things which might affect everything. If you can focus the issue onto either a browser or work network or whatever that at least gives you a place to move forward from.

1 hour ago, HeBoIz said:

Good description, same with me.

my workaround: twice clicking on reload within a few seconds, this brings back evernote web, mostly without lost content.

still annoying as workflow is broken…

interruptions during a meeting while taking notes with Evernote. 

the glitches were just nuisance. 

21 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Could you try an experiment at home and see if the issue arises there? Again, try multiple browsers. As you know, the work environment inserts a whole bunch of security things which might affect everything. If you can focus the issue onto either a browser or work network or whatever that at least gives you a place to move forward from.

Thanks a lot agsteele. 
Chrome is my default browser (Version 115.0.5790.171 (Official Build) (64-bit))
I have just tried on Microsoft Edge as your suggestions to try on another browser. 
Viewing and minor editing of previous notes did not elicit the spinning wheel wait yet. 

You are absolutely right that IT admin in my workplace is stern / paranoid on control. 
I can no longer use Evernote Desktop Client in my office PC. 
The clipper function as a Chrome extension is still working. 

It's hard for me to tell if the erratic web client was due to Evernote's bug or yet another local network security measures actually. 

• Evernote Expert

Edge is a Chrome based browser so liable to the same issues. Could you try the same experiment I suggested to @HeBoIz away from the office? I suspect that the work network security could be contributing.

Sadly the functioning of the web clipper tells us nothing. It is a standalone application so may or may not work regardless of the status of the main Evernote web client.

Let's hope that Edge solves things.

• 5 months later...

During the "one moment" spinner, the JS console looks like:

Uncaught (in promise) Error: No IPC response from IPCCall RteChangeAwarenessFromCE
    at 8372.e7b9f899e69e09bf7346.js:46:405410
8372.e7b9f899e69e09bf7346.js:4 [12:21:42:0251]  WARN: ion-conduit:  Failed to receive response from Unsubscribe message. Trying attempt #3... 
8372.e7b9f899e69e09bf7346.js:4 [12:21:42:0251]  WARN: ion-conduit:  Failed to receive response from Unsubscribe message. Trying attempt #3... 
8372.e7b9f899e69e09bf7346.js:4 [12:21:42:0251]  WARN: ion-conduit:  Failed to receive response from Unsubscribe message. Trying attempt #2... 
8372.e7b9f899e69e09bf7346.js:4 [12:21:42:0251]  WARN: ion-conduit:  Failed to receive response from Unsubscribe message. Trying attempt #2... 

The MacOS Evernote desktop app works fine - it's just the web UI that's having this problem.

Edited by strombrg
Added a note about the desktop app working.