Support Response Times Significantly Delayed

• Evernote Expert

I've never experienced delays of more than 4 or 5 days.

You can always follow up a ticket. Certainly be sure to have provided whatever information that may have been requested in the Email that contained your ticket number.

• Level 5*

I recently raised a ticket on something and the (human) response was over a week - probably 9-10 days if you count the weekends.  Don't know if the new Support team work 24/7,  but there have been so many changes recently that I'm not surprised they're stretched...  plus there seems to be an intensive campaign to convert Legacy users - which probably means a lot of new people on a learning curve.

2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I recently raised a ticket on something and the (human) response was over a week - probably 9-10 days if you count the weekends.  Don't know if the new Support team work 24/7,  but there have been so many changes recently that I'm not surprised they're stretched...  plus there seems to be an intensive campaign to convert Legacy users - which probably means a lot of new people on a learning curve.

Makes sense, it's a little annoying nevertheless. I just upgraded to Professional and I was hoping that given the cost 2-3 days max would be the response time. It's a little disappointing.

I didn't realize that the support team is new? Are they based in Italy with the rest of Bending Spoons now? I'm curious about the time zone difference.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, mackid1993 said:

Are they based in Italy with the rest of Bending Spoons now?

No actual clue - it was my assumption that since everything was moved to Italy,  support would follow suit.   It would be nice to know (and some good PR) if someone like @Federico Simionato could do another briefing,  or one of those polished videos,  to show us some pictures of the shiny new site and the Evernote staff...

3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

No actual clue - it was my assumption that since everything was moved to Italy,  support would follow suit.   It would be nice to know (and some good PR) if someone like @Federico Simionato could do another briefing,  or one of those polished videos,  to show us some pictures of the shiny new site and the Evernote staff...

I know @Federico Simionato has said they'd be improving support so hopefully this is just a hiccup on the path to doing that. It seems like just a lot of bumps in the road right now and hopefully things with smooth out in the future.

• Like 1

Wow still no response, not to my original tickets or new ticket. 10 days without a response from support is pretty crazy. If this were any other company I'd get my money back but I love Evernote so much so this is just more disappointing!

@gazumped Do you or any other moderators have a way to flag Evernote staff. They seem to be ignoring me. I love Evernote but I'm getting to the point that if they don't acknowledge me I'm just going to request a refund, export my data and move elsewhere. I'm really frustrated that a ticket can sit 10 days with no answer and I'm paying them $170 a year.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

I'm really frustrated that a ticket can sit 10 days with no answer and I'm paying them $170 a year.

I understand - I had a recent ticket that lasted that long before a human acknowledgement and is still waiting on a second team review.  I also pay a Professional subscription. 

I think Evernote wandered into a 'perfect storm' situation as I mentioned previously.  The takeover / the system failures / the price increase and the focus on converting users still using legacy - who are also now going through their own learning curve and reaction to changes - has led to an avalanche of support requests. 

In a former life I managed an internet user support team,  and I know that while the staff will be doing their best to deal with everything as effectively as possible,  the problem is that you can't just magic extra help.  Evernote may have planned ahead for increased reports,  but if they guessed wrong on their staffing and training,  it takes a finite amount of time to train someone new to the software how to deal with queries,  and a longer amount of time for new staff to make a difference...

The reports curve will peak,  and then peak again,  because people get impatient and remind or repost their queries.  Meantime the available support curve will always lag well behind. 

It's one of those situations where throwing money (or people) at the issue can't help.  The team just have to keep on slogging through requests and adding as many resources as possible as quickly as possible... and hoping that things will get better in time.

Having said all of which - if you can post a ticket reference I will happily flag it for the Forum Admins - who are not Support,  but can maybe add some urgency to the request. 

Just now, gazumped said:

I understand - I had a recent ticket that lasted that long before a human acknowledgement and is still waiting on a second team review.  I also pay a Professional subscription. 

I think Evernote wandered into a 'perfect storm' situation as I mentioned previously.  The takeover / the system failures / the price increase and the focus on converting users still using legacy - who are also now going through their own learning curve and reaction to changes - has led to an avalanche of support requests. 

In a former life I managed an internet user support team,  and I know that while the staff will be doing their best to deal with everything as effectively as possible,  the problem is that you can't just magic extra help.  Evernote may have planned ahead for increased reports,  but if they guessed wrong on their staffing and training,  it takes a finite amount of time to train someone new to the software how to deal with queries,  and a longer amount of time for new staff to make a difference...

The reports curve will peak,  and then peak again,  because people get impatient and remind or repost their queries.  Meantime the available support curve will always lag well behind. 

It's one of those situations where throwing money (or people) at the issue can't help.  The team just have to keep on slogging through requests and adding as many resources as possible as quickly as possible... and hoping that things will get better in time.

Having said all of which - if you can post a ticket reference I will happily flag it for the Forum Admins - who are not Support,  but can maybe add some urgency to the request. 

Thank you so much. I posted my ticket numbers above. I'll give them another couple of days but I'm coming up on my 60 days and if they don't acknowledge me I'm going to have to request a refund from them.

• Like 1

@gazumped I heard from them this morning very early. Thanks for your help. In addition to the ticket response I got this:

Hi there,

Evernote Customer Support here!

We are currently restructuring the Evernote Customer Support department to ensure we can deliver a better service to you and all our customers. Some delay in response time is expected. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Although you can be sure that our team is actively working to catch up and provide all users with the assistance they need as soon as possible, we would also like to invite you to take a look at the resources available on our Help & Learning. We hope that you find useful information there!

If you still have doubts after following the instructions and suggestions available there and if you still need support, please reply to this email making sure to include:
  • As many details as possible regarding your request and experience
  • All the steps that you took to resolve your doubts or issues after referring to the Help & Learning resources
Without a significant level of detail, we won’t be able to process your request quickly.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation very much!

Kind regards,

Evernote Customer Support

I guess our suspicions about changes to the support team were correct, hence the delays. Hopefully they bring back chat soon.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Yup - I had one of those too,  on an outstanding ticket.  Sadly we're heading into the end of the year when there aren't that many working days around the holidays - I hope they get things together early in the new year!