pdf - how to display all pages by default (ticket submitted 5 days ago, no response received)

How can I set my account to display all pages by default? Requiring a user to right click each document and change the setting is quite time consuming and frankly ridiculous for a program that is supposed to help with productivity. I have found several forum posts, many of which stated that this was an option previously, but that does not appear to be the case now. WHY on earth would you remove such functionality, and what will it take to get it back? Shouldn't you want to provide a solution that is easy to use for your customers?

Also, how long does it take to receive a response to a submitted ticket? You're charging me over $120/year and don't even have the courtesy to reply. I didn't even get an automated response - nothing at all in 5 days.

• Level 5*
On 10/11/2023 at 11:35 PM, Terri B said:

How can I set my account to display all pages by default?

Hi.  Please share your device / OS and Evernote version. 

Defaults can be set from a desktop by going to Settings / Notes.  Changing the current setting will affect all future attachments,  but not existing ones. 

For information,   this forum is mainly supported by other users who don't have a say in the application's design,  subscriptions or support responses.  If you didn't get an automated response from Support with a ticket number however,  it's probable that they didn't receive your request.  You could try again here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

• Evernote Expert

The default PDF view doesn't function as it should by my view.

There is a setting but it only affects attachments from the time you turn it on. It also only works for PDFs attached to an existing note {drag and drop or the attachment option under the blue + button). Create a note via an Import Folder reverts to the single page view.

I resigned myself to changing the view the first time I access a note. I ignore those notes I haven't, yet, needed to view.

Raise a support ticket. It feels like I'm the only person reporting this ;)

• Like 3

I completely agree with @agsteele. The setting only effects adding the attachment in one particular way. There are lots of other ways of adding PDFs, including using  Import folders, that don't, use the setting. These include:

• Dragging a pdf into the the note list
  • Right clicking the file in Windows Explorer and choosing "Send to"
  • Using the pdf option in the webclipper to save online pdfs