Please remove the "this version is the app is outdated" warning.

Azar

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Azar said:

I am running the legacy version of Evernote and will never switch to the new version.

Legacy will eventually stop working because of changes to your local browser and OS,  and because Evernote is developing new systems that may no longer remain compatible.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, Azar said:

I am running the legacy version of Evernote and will never switch to the new version. 

You mean you will never switch - which clearly means that in a day probably not too far in the future, the server you are syncing to will switch off, leaving your client unsynced and unsupported.

The notification is there to inform all users about this. And I doubt it will be removed, for everybody to know that staying on legacy is not sustainable.

It’s the responsibility of EN to let you know. And it’s your own to see how you handle the outcome.

4 hours ago, Azar said:

Never say never..

But for the moment, you may ignore it - Legacy is running fine (and even if you follow the hint to update, the red warning will not go away for sure...). I use it to find my EN main window easily on an overcrouded desktop... 😉

Sometimes it disappears after you restart Legacy - but it will reappear sooner or later.