Web clipper so full of needless garbage, "tags" selection now pushed off bottom of screen, making whole web clipper useless

Tagging is the single most important part of the web clipper. It should be at the top.

Instead, it's pushed down not just to the bottom, but partially below the bottom, so it's no longer usable at all... this so you can use two vertical lines for a "task" feature that Evernote absolutely doesn't need at all, and a list of seven different vertically-stacked "formats" which must be displayed at all times of which no more than 2 are even useful. If I have to mark something for a task, I'll use a tag. Or, would have, except that you've now made tags unusable.

Look at the below. I have a bunch of Politics category tags to choose from. Except, oh, wait, now when I type "politics", the popup menu containing them is OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN SO I CAN'T SEE IT OR SELECT FROM IT. I can't scroll to it. Changing the "view" size setting to make things smaller affects the underlying page, but not the web clipper. There is nothing I can do. Am I supposed to just have all my tags memorized so I can always remember them to type them in manually? No thanks.

Congratulations, you've finally negated the entire reason I subscribe to evernote, by making the web clipper 100% unusable.

Enjoy your useless "Task" feature. I hope it was worth destroying what to some people was the single most important feature of evernote for. As soon as I figure out how to get my notes out of evernote and into a format something else can read, I will be cancelling my subscription after well over 10 years as a premium subscriber. Without being able to tag things as I do web research by selecting from my existing tags, Evernote as a whole is now 100% useless to me and the money I spend on it is totally wasted.

image.png.38b9cb45f604fa141669b11ad3b4f62d.png

• Level 5

You pick a tiny little detail, twist it to your liking, and then blow, blow, blow …. making an elephant from a mosquito. Boom - too much hot air, sorry.

Just ran some tests:

They have added Multi-Selection to the clip format options. Great new option, but takes up some vertical space.

They have added Tasks, which is useful, because you can directly add an action to the clip. If you don’t use it, we don’t care, because we do.

Tags are right below (not way down). I tested on my 15“ MacBook Pro - no problem at all, the tags field stays way above the lower edge. The tag suggestions list is right there, it uses a few characters you enter to find matching tags. A single character that shows somewhere in your tag is enough. The list is scrollable.

If you can’t have it on a page you have a very tiny screen, or chosen a very gross resolution, which enlarges all UI elements. Either way it’s up to you to solve the problem. The „average user“ won’t have an issue.

If because of all the „deficiencies“ you now threaten to leave EN, I can only say: Go ahead. We are other users here, and we don’t care about your intentions. It’s your own, very personal decision, and it’s of no interest to others. Especially it if the arguments fielded are so - special.

1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

No, it was paused these days when they had that syncing problem. It showed in light green instead of solid.

But this corrected itself yesterday, and happy clipping ever since (Mac, Safari).

Hmm, interesting - mine's been problematic ever since the syncing issue. I'm using Brave - it's not an issue on Chrome either. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, musica209 said:

Hmm, interesting - mine's been problematic ever since the syncing issue. I'm using Brave - it's not an issue on Chrome either. 

Brave is chrome based too.  I used it for a while and found that I had to re-install extensions sometimes - I'm now using Vivaldi;  also Chrome-based,  but not as quirky as Brave or as bloated as Chrome.