Evernote windows left open disappear from desktop after computer sleeps periodically

I've been having this problem for quite a while. I'm running Windows 10.  I will often leave Evernote open on my desktop if I'm working on something.  When I then later wake up the computer from sleep mode, sometimes Evernote is gone.  The icon on the taskbar still is highlighted, but when I click on the highlighted icon, nothing happens.  If I right click on the icon and choose "Close Window", nothing happens, and it's still highlighted.  When I go to task manager, it shows many evernote processes going on, and I have to delete all of them to close the program (and do it quickly, or it keeps adding more processes as I'm trying to delete the ones there).  I can only get evernote to actually come up on my screen after I've closed all the processes and the taksbar icon is no longer highlighted.  Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

• Level 5*

The short term fix would seem to be: File>Exit Evernote before you sleep the computer.  I sleep both a Windows 10 laptop and a Win 11 desktop and have not had the same situation arise.  You could try a full clean reinstall to see whether this is due to some small corruption with your installation - exit Evernote,  opt not to keep a copy of your database,  and uninstall with Revo Uninstaller Free;  then restart and re-download / reinstall from Evernote.com.  Everything will be recreated from the server,  and depending on the size of your database could take a while. Defiitely a chance for a beverage or two while you wait for the system to restore.

If after that the situation persists,  then contact Support - I've not seen any  other reports of this so far...

• 2 weeks later...

I have this exact same issue.  It's been happening the last few months I think.  I'm planning to put in a support case.  Windows 10.  This will be the 4th issue/bug I've opened with Evernote in the last year.  In the 14 years prior, I only submitted one issue.  :(

I will add this as a potential work-a-round. If I launch a new instance of Evernote, it seems to bring the previous one back to life.  I'm not sure if this would have unintended consequences on the behavior of the application.

On 10/18/2023 at 12:25 AM, PinkElephant said:

On a Mac, so just speculation: Could it be that just the main app window gets minimized ? There should be several ways to tell a running app to show its window.

I wouldn't doubt that a Mac would handle this situation better. :)  But, No --  It's unresponsive.