Evernote width wont resize to less than 50% of my screen.

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

• Level 5*

Hi.  Since we don't know the size of your screen,  or what device / OS or Evernote version you're using it's hard to help.  Have you tried using keyboard shortcuts to jump between windows or just let the app sit on your taskbar from time to time?  There's no known fix for physical window size apart from changing the screen resolution AFAIK.

• Level 5

There is a minimum width of the EN window. Actually your screen must be pretty narrow and/or on a very low resolution setting if you are at the minimum width, and EN still taking up more than 50%.

If possible play with screen resolution.

Hope this provides some more detail. 

Device: Dell Inspiron 13inch 2in1 Laptop

Running Windows 10, EN latest version (10.62.5).

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

As you can see in the photo even when I clip EN to the right side of my screen and try to manually resize it I cant get any smaller than that. It isn't a huge issue but when taking notes from a website it would be nice to be able to put them side by side correctly.

image.thumb.png.0456d9a29b5029a844651d944d79e662.png

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Try opening a note in its own window?  (Alt+Ctrl+N for a new note)

A single note can be quite small,  and edited/ viewed alongside a browser web page,  or another app very easily.

• Level 5
11 hours ago, Laurence Egan-Carter said:

Hope this provides some more detail. 

Device: Dell Inspiron 13inch 2in1 Laptop

Running Windows 10, EN latest version (10.62.5).

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

As you can see in the photo even when I clip EN to the right side of my screen and try to manually resize it I cant get any smaller than that. It isn't a huge issue but when taking notes from a website it would be nice to be able to put them side by side correctly.

I find that I can make the main Evernote window slightly but noticeably narrower by not pinning it to the right side of the screen, just dragging the left edge of it rightward as far as it will go. But as @gazumped suggested, when I'm taking notes during a Zoom, for instance, or from a Website, I open the note in its own window and can shrink it pretty small that way.