Does AI search include Tasks?

It does look at tasks but not quite how you want it to. If I ask when do I next take the bins out then it gives me the answer from the task.

The quickest way to see all the notes with tasks due today is to quickly open the task sidebar and select Due Dates. You can also setup a home page widget.

• Like 1

Thanks,

From your answer, it seems it looks at the description first, and then draws out more detailed data?  

I would love to use the task view, but on my work PC (oldish laptop, totally new install of everything) tasks only show a spinning circle... yes, I put in a support request 2 months ago... I was hoping AI might be a workaround...w

1 hour ago, Grant837 said:

but on my work PC (oldish laptop, totally new install of everything) tasks only show a spinning circle...

Not the point of your original post, I know, but it occurs to me that you could open the web client on your laptop and make use of task features that way.

Vinnie

Mmmmm. You shouldn't be getting a spinning circle. I use EN on some really old beaten-up PCs and its works on all fine.

Are you using a version from the app store or the direct download? Possibly something slightly wrong with the install.

@VincentC Indeed. I don't use the internet version much but will have too now.

@Jon/t I have installed it so many times I am not sure, but the last time, but I will get it from evernote today to be sure.

I believe it an Electron service problem, as the only log entries with errors are around the fust time I try the task view, and they say something about a failed connection.  The problem started around when they moved to RTE too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 5:59 PM, VincentC said:

Not the point of your original post, I know, but it occurs to me that you could open the web client on your laptop and make use of task features that way

Vinnie

Alas, Tasks do not work in Firefox or Chrome either.  Very odd…

Just tried it on my Chrome browser on a Win 11 laptop and Tasks work fine.  Also works fine on Edge.  I don't have Firefox on my laptop.

I'm guessing it must be something specific to your account or system.  Tried the normal web troubleshooting things -- clearing cache, etc?

Good luck with this.

Vinnie