Disappearing Images

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

Hi,

I've been avoiding moving to the new EN on both Windows and Android because of the features that were dropped.  However I recently got a new Pixel 7 which forced me to move to the new Android app.  I mention this because I don't know if it affects my problem. 

I created a new note using the legacy Windows app that included pdf documents and pnc images.  When I viewed this on the new Android app the pdf and pnc documents and images did not display.  I tried syncing both apps, verified that I had a fast internet connection, and fooled with it for a while but couldn't get it to work.  Just now maybe an hour later when I started writing this note did I find that the images and documents finally showed up.  

Is this a regular problem with the new app?  Do the images always show up eventuality or do they sometimes never make it?  

Thanks,
Mike

• Level 5
  • Solution

Sadly, it is common enough (you'll find some other threads on it in this forum and others). In my experience the attachments do always show up eventually. Sometimes just reloading the note by going back and then tapping it again, or going to another note and returning to the affected one, is enough to "activate" them. They just issued a new update to 10.55.1 which is supposed to fix a backend processing issue, but I don't know if that will help this.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I discovered a note in my folder, which had lost most of the images (all the PNG I guess). The images are lost completely, not even a placeholder is shown.

I could recover an older version, from June 2023, with intact images. The issue happend at a certain point of time. I  supect, that an issue occured during synchronization with the android app.

This a a criticial issue! I can not rely on Evernote, as it drops essential data.

Anybody else with same problem?

• 4 weeks later...

This has happened to me several times since May, then once in September, twice in October, and again today, and is completely unpredictable.  I know, I can recover my documents from a previous version, but that's getting old. 

This is infuriating!  I've given up and now and will use a link to the file on my desktop.  I haven't seen that fail yet.  That works only on that ONE device as long as I never delete the file or change it's location or name, but it's better than having documents randomly disappear.

I'm tired of using a tool where I work for it instead of it working or me.  I really wish that Evernote would do a little more testing before releasing a new feature into the wild.  New features (instant update here I assume) are fine but not if established basic features are broken and information lost.  It's hard to see how Evernote can survive if it continues this behavior. 

• Level 5
18 hours ago, mikea144 said:

This has happened to me several times since May, then once in September, twice in October, and again today, and is completely unpredictable.  I know, I can recover my documents from a previous version, but that's getting old. 

This is infuriating!  I've given up and now and will use a link to the file on my desktop.  I haven't seen that fail yet.  That works only on that ONE device as long as I never delete the file or change it's location or name, but it's better than having documents randomly disappear.

I'm tired of using a tool where I work for it instead of it working or me.  I really wish that Evernote would do a little more testing before releasing a new feature into the wild.  New features (instant update here I assume) are fine but not if established basic features are broken and information lost.  It's hard to see how Evernote can survive if it continues this behavior. 

For the record, we're in the Android forum here, so note history and desktop are not available/relevant. Take a look at the General Technical Issues forum, or the forum for the specific desktop app. ☮️

Same Problem on a Mac

Cannot print notes that are formatted correctly, in the application they look correct, if I export as a pdf the formatting is all messed up.

Can anyone get a response from evernote support? I'll get an automated response for more information, Ill respond with the info and nothing happens. Maybe now that I've payed my yearly subscription they'll respond?

• Level 5

EN support will not answer to forum posts.

If you want to contact them, you need to issue a ticket, and then wait until they come back to you - currently it is reported that the wait is about 14 days.

Nobody here is happy about that, but that's the current situation.

• Level 5
On 11/18/2023 at 4:12 PM, mainsailmark said:

Same Problem on a Mac

Cannot print notes that are formatted correctly, in the application they look correct, if I export as a pdf the formatting is all messed up.

Can anyone get a response from evernote support? I'll get an automated response for more information, Ill respond with the info and nothing happens. Maybe now that I've payed my yearly subscription they'll respond?

Sorry, but this is not the same issue as the one discussed in this thread: images not appearing in notes on Android devices. Mis-formatted notes when printing or exporting is something else.

• Like 1