Very annoying problem with copy and paste functions in v10 windows desktop

For some mystifying reason I am finding it very glitchy when I want to copy and paste an item OR take a screenshot into ENv10 windows.  Here is what I want to copy:

image.png.8d98629347125061d467dcf67ccdf6fe.png

When I try to copy and paste it into EN it comes out like this:  If I double click on the png then I see the image, but not before.  The same thing happens when I want to take a screenshot and put it into my EN note.  The exact same screenshot that you see above does not look the same when I try pasting it into the note.

image.png.81fabc5657d2dfbdee2d9f8af3f9adee.png

I tried to do it again and it came out like this:  With the blue bar endlessly going back and forth.

image.png.808561dfb4ec5c2b5ee8d936a9111fc4.png

Why would I be able to copy and paste into other places but not into an Evernote note?  This applies both to straightforward copy/paste of text as well as of screenshots.  As of now, I can't get these images into my note no matter what I do.

Just to clarify: a few minutes before I ran into this problem I was able to copy and paste without any problems into the exact same note (see examples).  It worked perfectly for the first few items (191 and 117) and then began failing for the next few.  Any ideas on why this happens?  It's not the first time.

image.png.e83ec31d872771d7f39a20134e7df959.png

• Level 5*

Hi again;  and again,  the Support team might be able to help. There's something in settings about how a new paste should appear - as an name or a window - maybe that got changed somehow;  or its a web traffic issue since the image has to go to the server first (I think) and then sync to you... or maybe you just need to trust that the image will show up once dropped in  place. 

You could use a local WP (I use Typora) to assemble the full note,  then copy and paste the whole thing into the note plus attaching the file as a backup - but you double the size of the note which may not be good for your local storage...

• Level 5

Both this and the green-circle-when-deleting issue in the other thread do sound like Web traffic or connectivity issues at some point along the line to me. I've definitely seen the unidentifiable "image.png" placeholder. To me it generally seems to be resolved by going elsewhere then returning to the note, i.e., waiting for it to finish syncing. When Evernote sync is instantaneous, it's exciting, esp. if you've got two devices going at once. But then I kind of get spoiled by it, and a slowdown (which could be caused by something on any number of Internet hops, I suppose) is irritating or worrying.