An internel link is now two links in the web App. wtf?

What is the difference between the

- App Link

- Web Link  ?

The iOS App has only an Internen Link (internel link ?) in the german Version.

What Link do I use when I want the the same Link? (My guess is App link)
To be clear, I want my internel Links as text and they must be green.

(I consider app internal backlinks as evil, because you normaly loose them when you change your note app)

For what is the web link good?

• Level 5

If you send a link to a note to somebody who hasn’t got an EN account, he can open the note with any browser. The note works as a private website in this context.

Pretty cool, if you think about it …

About backlinks: Sure they will only work inside of an app. But that’s beside the point - backlinks are added automatically when you link one note to another, so having a backlink is nothing evil, it just works and is a nice addition to the ability to link notes.

The more important topic is that a LINK between notes will stop working as well once you move your data elsewhere. The link points to a notes UUID, and this is lost once you export.

It’s nothing unusual that you loose proprietary information when switching apps. So it’s up to yourself if you invest a lot of effort into linking, or you don’t. I use it pretty much ad hoc to connect 2 notes, but I don’t build permanent structures from links.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Angry said:

What is the difference between the

- App Link

- Web Link  ?

The app link has the form evernote:///view/... and can only be opened by the Evernote mobile or desktop app. The Web link has the form https://www.evernote.com/shard/... and can be opened in any Web browser, and I think can also be opened in the app. They both point to the same note, but obviously they are useful for different purposes.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If you send a link to a note to somebody who hasn’t got an EN account, he can open the note with any browser. The note works as a private website in this context.

Pretty cool, if you think about it …

Not cool.

When I weblink a note and it has internal links, can the one then jump to the next note? 
It is the same as shared?

• Level 5

Each type of link has its own use cases.

BTW web links already existed in legacy as well. They were made through sharing, and they offered the same possibility for not users to open the note like any website. They have just moved the place where the link can be created.

Another use for web links is the web client - there naturally app links won‘t work.

If you mix them, you mix use cases. Up to your decision, technically possible, and looking at the use cases, it makes sense they can be mixed.