Pricing Plans

Perhaps I haven't selected the ideal forum, but the billing and pricing forum is greyed out or closed. The growth of evernote has been supported by professionals who eventually age out of the work force, but may still rely on Evernote to organize their lives. I've used Evernote, possibly, since it's initial introduction. I've paid for Professional subscriptions for a long time. Now I am retired and spend a lot of time doing non profit work. This is where Evernote's price plans are inadequate. I'd like to see some recognition for those of us who still require multi-device access and adequate storage, but access the system less frequently and don't gain financially  from our use of Evernote. 
similarly, I'd like to Evernote to offer a substantial discount to bonafide non profit organizations. Perhaps, set a financial threshold to offer the discount to smaller non profits willing to submit evidence (IRS990) of their minimal resources. 
I've posted here to get the attention of Evernote management that might be missed through "feedback". Looking at the current pricing, I'm forced to look at exporting my data and testing one of the various (admittedly lesser) competitors. Apple Note would be be as convenient, but I might adapt o save money. Yet I've spend a lot of money over the years, 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I'm sorry to say that this forum is largely supported by other users,  and while the staff are probably active around announcement threads and current issues,  this sort of post may not catch their attention.  As a subscriber,  your best bet is normally to raise your concern with Support,  but that probably won't get you much satisfaction in this case.  

The new pricings were announced in Evernote's blog - https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update/ - and Federico Simionato (currently head of Evernote) added his email address there.  He may be able to comment more. 

As users, we have no idea how Evernote might decide to develop - there is (I believe) a current back-to-school discount,  and there definitely was at one stage a charitable body discount.  Plus if you downgrade to the 'free' account,  where you still have access to all your notes - (but just on the web plus one other device) you'll likely get an offer to re-join at a discount: for one year.

I think its very early for Evernote to be considering new levels of contract - they're only just getting getting the basic systems working to their satisfaction - but things may change.

I suspect it would be difficult to manage an account on the basis of 'low usage',  and if you limit the benefits available,  everyone is going to want a different set of features for their choice.  

The new pricing,  while a steep increase, only makes up for the fact that Evernote hasn't increased its charges for 5 years or more.  The rest of the world has moved on;  Evernote is only now just catching up!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

In short words: If you are retired, and think about a reduced set of necessary features, I think you should consider downgrading to a Free account.

Using the web client plus a mobile client gives a strong flexibility, and preserved the core functions of EN.