Customize note toolbar?

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

First of all, I wanted to put this in the Desktop Answers/Solutions area but the "Create" selection doesn't allow that.

I've tried the "AI Cleanup" and I don't like it and won't use it.  Is there a way to remove it from the menu bar?  A way to customize the toolbar generally?  I use the Mac desktop version.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, emmgee said:

I've tried the "AI Cleanup" and I don't like it and won't use it.

Yeah - me either. For my personal use case there are several "cons" to it I see and no "pros":

• Notes go through a third party service (I know service level agreements can be in place and/or even maybe Bending Spoons gets their own service embedded in their own cloud hosted environment).
  • No way to easily see what was removed or altered. (You can copy and paste the old content somewhere first and display side by side. You can "undo", "redo". It's almost like some kind of diff tool is needed. By the time you check it all and make sure it's ok, you might as well have cleaned up your own notes yourself.)
  • No partial selection. What if I want it to just do cleanup on a selected part of my note and not the whole thing?
  • It just doesn't seem to work that great anyway. I take pretty great care in tidying up my notes and I think this service makes them worse in my case anyway.

I'm a fan of AI in general, but I just don't find it useful in this case. I think it was a swing and a miss.

All this is personal preference and use case, for sure.

And I don't mind that it's there -- I don't fault Bending Spoons for implementing it or think it was a waste of time. I know some (many?) people find it useful, but I think it makes more sense to group the button next to the "Simplify Formatting" and "Remove Formatting" since it seems to be more similar to that then to the font selection. I'm hoping once the newness of it wears off that they will move it there. (Of course, customizing the toolbar would be even better.)

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
18 minutes ago, emmgee said:

My question wasn't an enhancement request – just wanted to know if anyone knew how to customize the toolbar so I can get rid of things I never use.

Unlike Legacy, the V10 toolbar cannot be currently customized.  Maybe someday.  I would find that useful as well.