Keyword Completion / Auto Unusable...

Die Automatische Vervollständigung von bereits vorhandenen Schlagwörtern bei der aktuellen Eingabe ist nicht optimal gelöst.

Beispiel:
  • ein schon vorhandenes Schlagwort, welches bereits in der HASHTAGLIST ist, könnte lauten:
    • automatisch
wird nun jedoch ein neues Schlagwort eingegeben, welches ich benutzen möchte:
    • Auto
welches eben noch nicht im Speicher ist und mit "Enter" bestätigt, dann wird nervig das schon vorhandene "automatisch" benutzt.

Gibt es eine Umgehung oder einen anderen Weg der Texteingabe eines Schlagwortes, um dies umgehen zu können?

-----------------

The automatic completion of existing keywords in the current input is not optimally solved.

Example:
- an existing keyword, which is already in the HASHTAGLIST, could be:
- automatically
However, a new keyword is now entered, which I want to use:
- Automobile
which is not yet in the memory and confirmed with "Enter", then the already existing "automatic" is used annoyingly.

Is there an other way / solution for that Problem?

Which version of EN are you using? I assume by keyword you mean tag. How are you adding the tag (there are several methods)? On the desktop version if you type in a tag at the bottom of the note it will display existing tags beginning with whatever you have typed. When you press enter it will choose the tag or Create tag ... depending on which line is highligted (very faint gray). If you press Tab the new tag is created (as shown in the screenshot)

image.png.5693d0f40028e606abd7ac18a04f1b98.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, sorry i have not write the standard declarations ...

Windows 11

Evernote Desktop Version (Current Version)

---------------

The problem is that the program's "autofill" predominates by default:
The first letters cause the automatic completion to intervene and a suitable or newly desired keyword (tag) is not always used.

The reassignment or modification is very complicated and only possible afterwards in the library of keywords (tag library).

Summarized:

when creating a tag:
If an existing tag is used, it should be created

during the unwanted re-creation
(if a tag does not exist yet)
an existing tag is always used if it begins with the letters and has already been saved

---------

Das Problem ist, dass die "Autofüllung" des Programms standardmäßig überwiegt:
Die Anfangsbuchstaben verursachen den Grund, dass die automatische Verfollständigung eingreift und nicht immer ein passendes oder neu gewolltes Schlagwort (Tag) benutzt wird.

Die Neuzuweisung oder Abänderung ist sehr umständlich gelöst und nur in der Bibliothek der Schlagwörter (Tag Bibliothek) im Nachinein möglich.

Zusammengefasst:

bei der Neuerstellung eines Tags:
wird ein bereits vorhandener Tag hergenommen, sollte dieser angelegt sein

bei der nicht gewollten Neuerstellung
(wenn ein Tag noch nicht vorhanden ist)
wird immer ein vorhandener Tag benutzt, falls dieser mit den Buchstaben beginnt und bereits abgespeichert ist

22 minutes ago, ChristianJB said:

Yes, it is an EN feature, if you enter a tag name at the bottom of a note.

OK, yes. I'm not sure I would describe that as auto completion but I see what you mean.

Just now, clipnote said:

But as @ChristianJB and I have both said, pressing Tab will always create the new tag.

4 hours ago, Mike P said:

If you press Tab the new tag is created (as shown in the screenshot)

image.png.5693d0f40028e606abd7ac18a04f1b98.png

36 minutes ago, ChristianJB said:

Just press "Tab", not "Enter" ...

2023-08-30_16-37-51_Clipboard.png

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

There is an issue with this in that with typing in  a notebook name you press Tab to select the existing name. With tags you press enter to select the suggested name. With tags, Tab creates a new tag. I've learned that so it is in my muscle memory but for awhile I used to create lots of new tags. I think 'Tea' got created several times when I was searching for 'Team'.

So I'd say that it isn't intuitive to me or my mindset but it does work and can be learned :)

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, agsteele said:

There is an issue with this in that with typing in  a notebook name you press Tab to select the existing name. With tags you press enter to select the suggested name. With tags, Tab creates a new tag. I've learned that so it is in my muscle memory but for awhile I used to create lots of new tags. I think 'Tea' got created several times when I was searching for 'Team'.

So I'd say that it isn't intuitive to me or my mindset but it does work and can be learned :)

🤗 so let it be okay ...