Price rise dressed-up as exciting news

I just received my price rise email. While I understand Post-covid that there are cost-of-living crises in many corners of the globe (I'm in Australia) I find the price rise to nearly double what I've been paying - A89.99 to A159 hard to swallow. I admit I'm a very minor user - I use only a small percentage of my data allowance. The only reason I haven't gone to OneNote  which I have access too via MS365 for no extra dollars is the incredible Tagging feature in EN and the fact that its truly cross-platform. This forum (first time poster) may be frequented by only pro-evernote and professional users. So maybe my rant will fall on deaf ears and fair enough. Its a great product and I'll be sad to leave. But no way will I cop a nearly 100% price increase. 

The cost increase isn’t something anyone is celebrating, believe me - I’m Scottish - we don’t do spending! However, as you point out, everything is going up, the explanation we have been given is that the increase secures the apps future, relevant as it was unprofitable when bought, so essentially dying. Whether we accept that explanation or can accept the cost is our own personal call. I don’t know any other apps that handles tags quite Evernote does. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5
18 hours ago, elle6482 said:

I just received my price rise email. While I understand Post-covid that there are cost-of-living crises in many corners of the globe (I'm in Australia) I find the price rise to nearly double what I've been paying - A89.99 to A159 hard to swallow. I admit I'm a very minor user - I use only a small percentage of my data allowance. The only reason I haven't gone to OneNote  which I have access too via MS365 for no extra dollars is the incredible Tagging feature in EN and the fact that its truly cross-platform. This forum (first time poster) may be frequented by only pro-evernote and professional users. So maybe my rant will fall on deaf ears and fair enough. Its a great product and I'll be sad to leave. But no way will I cop a nearly 100% price increase. 

I can understand your reluctance. If you can manage on just two devices (one of which is the Web version), you might be able to get by on the free version. (BTW, as rants go around here, this one is refreshingly mild!)

• Like 1

With regards to the exciting news part: (Also not sure what the email looks like, but I'm guessing it has similar wording as this blog post: https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update/)

• I'm a big fan (and a bit fearful) of AI in general, but not a fan of the AI cleanup implementation. I hope the coming AI search is useful to me.
  • I'm mostly a big fan of the new RTE syncing -- just some kinks to work out still.
  • And hopefully the increased focus on performance and reliability as stated by Bending Spoons now is going to really pan out.

With regards to the price increase: In addition to the above points, there have been a lot of improvements to the product over the last couple of years and I don't mind a little price increase. The 80% increase (in my case) was a big pill to swallow though but I was also able to snag a 40% off the total new cost which obviously helped for this year. Hopefully we don't see a huge price increase like that again.

• Like 2