Pin notes to the top of Notebook Notes List

Stepos36

Idea

You already added pin to Home feature which is great. I think it would be pretty awesome to be able to pin notes to the top of the list of specific notebooks. For example, as a college student I have to review syllabus from time to time to look up the assignment schedule and grade distribution. I'd rather pin it to the top of specific class notebook than scroll to the very bottom (start of the course) every time to get to it.

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

You could use a naming convention.  For instance,  just add a period to the  beginning of the note title.  For instance: .Syllabus -- that will put the note at the top of the notebook when you display the note list by alphabetical order.

Vinnie

A quick search of the forums will show that this has been raised many times but EN have never chosen to implement it. There are lots of workarounds. @VincentC has already mentioned a naming convention. Others include:

• Add an undated reminder so that the note can quickly be found in the reminders tab
  • If you organise by creation date, manually change the creation date into the far future (or far past) so that it appears at the top
  • Use a special tag (eg $pinned) to quickly find the iost important notes in a notebook or a search

I personally prefer the tag method because it works in all situations not just in a notebook.

• Level 5*

I just use a shortcut to the specific note.  It is not at the top of the notebook, but it is in the special shortcut section in the left-hand pane and you can reorder those if you want.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I just use a shortcut to the specific note.  It is not at the top of the notebook, but it is in the special shortcut section in the left-hand pane and you can reorder those if you want.

If you have alot of notes you want to add to the shortcut list, this can make the shortcut list rather unwieldy. I have a master note which is always at the top of my shortcut list (so can be accessed with ctrl+1) which then contains the links to the individual notes. These are the notes that are even more important than simply being tagged with $pinned!

• Like 3